autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile detailing: a trailer; a van; a pickup truck or a little truck

what do you mobile detailers have / prefer and why?
    a trailer seems inpractical to me for some roads or to park it up some roads...
    a van, it seems like a very good idea, but being in a van all the time. Don't know, something throws me off. and getting in and out of a van all the times...
    A pickup truck sounds great, but if you put a top on it, is there enough room to get to everything? and does everything fit inside?
    A little truck sounds amazing, but I worry if the size won't be a problem for some roads. I was thinking to put in some extra cabins as a mini shop. but I don't know if it's a good idea or will be a goo extra...

any comments / experiences/... are very welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile detailing: a trailer; a van; a pickup truck or a little truck

I've got a 6x12 trailer, but nowdays I only use it for bigger jobs like boats/rv's or situations where I know I won't have power/water available.

Most of the time I just throw what I need into my Dodge Ram and go from there. I use rinseless washes primarily, use clients electricity and water.

A little truck would probably by ideal for you to start out, then get the trailer later on if needed for larger jobs. You do NOT have to have a generator, huge water tank, air compressor, huge pressure washer, and a whole detail shop with you to do most jobs.

In my truck I have a 1000w inverter which I run a small Ridgid vacuum or a PC off of if needed.

A trailer or van is an awesome setup that you can do anything out of, but it is often times unnecessary.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at vans myself 2shiny. I'd go with a work van with internal shelving but mostly because I currently store all of my detailing equipment inside of a very small storage room attached to the house I'm renting and it's a pain to get everything in and out of it so I'd rather have a work van to store everything inside of, ya know?
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an E250 ford van . I have a 100 gallon water tank , generator,and pw in it . Also a large shelf to hold gallon container s and what not . Also shelves on the door for all my 32 oz spray bottle s. I am thinking about down sizing the van to an astro possibly but idk yet. Its great have a van you can hold everything you need in there .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

it just seems easy to have many products with you, so you can never forget something or run out of something. If you don't take everything with you, you might forget something when your loading the truck everyday. Or I know I will
    But on the other hand, if you don't need half of it, it's a lot of fuel consumption for nothing, which goes off the profits...

@VisualPro: do you have a smaller watertank in your Dodge Ram just to fill some buckets for the rinseless or nothing at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a F150 i throw everything into and store all my supplies and gear inside a garage. A pressure washer cuts time on jobs and I would get a 6.5hp shop vac at least. You don't need much to start. Where there is a will there's a way.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing it for a few months now, but only mobile valeting and I have to ask if there is water and power. If they want more then a valet, they need to drop it off at my place where I have some place but nothing covered. I also have to use a pop-up gazebo.and it beats the whole point of being mobile. So I was looking to start using rinseless washes, a small watertank and a generator to power my power washer and etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is something I found at work today of Van storage & organizing, Hope it helps someone.
    Van Accessories & Equipment For Your Work Van - Cargo Van Products | American Van

Post Thanks / Like

what do you do if you are only prepared for rinseless washes , but a car turns out very dirty?
    and are rinseless washes enough do do a enchancement? I still have some trouble getting in every nook when doing a rinseless.
    wondering how big a water tank I need to put in the back as the european pick up trucks have a smaller loadding dock

Post Thanks / Like

I've worked from a trailer, Sprinter van and a covered truck.

I prefer a covered truck. Better fuel mileage, comfort and ease of use make it great. The only thing I miss about the Sprinter is the space. But because the times I go out I am only hitting one spot, I don't have to battle loading/unloading often.
    Auto Detailing Atlanta | Modesta coatings | Paint Protection Film Atlanta
    http://www.detaileddesignsautospa.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Detai...a/152665034558

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast