autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie here! first time user

Alright, I have been doing a lot of research on here and ended up getting some products for my new black 2013 Chevy Silverado. I ordered Klasse AIO, and Klasse SG. Over the weekend I washed the truck, used AIO and then did the SG. My plan was to apply a second layer of SG the next day and then use Meguiar's Black Ice to wax it. I never got around to applying my second coat or the wax. I'm off this Wednesday and plan on doing so that day. The question I have is should I rewash the truck to apply the second coat of SG or just quick detail and then SG? How long should i wait after applyingh the SG to apply the wax?. Also, I noticed alot of dust on the truck, what is the best way to clean it off without scratching it? They truck looks brilliant btw. Will post pics as soon as im finished. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie here! first time user

You should wash.
    Did you clay? Do a baggie test and clay if needed
    I think you meant Meg's Black Wax? In which case, Black Wax is a AIO so using this on top of another wax, you will have pretty much removed the previous wax.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the clay bar a couple months back when i first got it. I didnt think I needed to do it again. So there is no need to apply the Meguiar's wax?

Post Thanks / Like

You would need a finishing wax if you wanted to apply additional layers of product on top of the work you've already done.

Difference between finishing and cleaning waxes

Hope that helps. Nice truck by the way! Keeping it clean is the best "mod" available

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DG3.7 View Post
    You would need a finishing wax if you wanted to apply additional layers of product on top of the work you've already done.

Difference between finishing and cleaning waxes

Hope that helps. Nice truck by the way! Keeping it clean is the best "mod" available
    Thanks for the link. I didnt know there was a difference. All i saw was to wax it so i didnt think much of it. I plan on taking care of her and keeping her in the garage. Thanks again!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So let me ask this. If i wanted to apply a wax on top of the Klasse SG, what do you guys/gals recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackTroca View Post
    So let me ask this. If i wanted to apply a wax on top of the Klasse SG, what do you guys/gals recommend?

Honestly, if I were you, I wouldnt even use Klasse stuff. You came all the way to the site, get some GOOD stuff. Klasse si good, but since you're here, go big!

As far as a wax on top, you need any finishing wax. Whether it be DP, Blackfire, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Auto Finesse, Bouncers, Chemical Guys, Mothers, Meguiars, Poorboys, Bouncers, Dodo....and more, all those brands have fine finishing waxes and you reallyl can't go wrong. Dont forget, a lot of the look and results are in your prep work, wax only really protects it and adds to the look. Polishing is what gets you there.

If I were you, I'd clay, use a nice finishing polish, seal and wax.

And yeah, even though you think your car doesnt need to be clayed it does and you should do it anyway, especially if you aren't using a cutting polish at least its something to know you've done all you can to strip the surface of prior crap!
    Back to the full-time grind.