autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

water spots etched into windows

I have these water spots that are etched into the windows on my mom's 2003 town & country. I have tried using all kinds of glass cleaners which didnt work, and then tried the DP glass restorer by hand with the poliching pad that it comes with(i figured this would probably work) but still no luck. should i try doing it by machine instead? anybody have a different product that works better?

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a few options. The first thing you might try is a polish by machine. I did one a few weeks ago with PB Polish w/Sealant. Greatly improved but you could still see some etching. AG sells a glass restoration system by Diamondite.

Post Thanks / Like
    white vinegar sometimes helps the process...soak a towel in it and lay it up against the glass....let the vinegar to the work and dont let the towel dry out....dont worry about the smell the vinegar smell goes away very quickly once it evaporates....but polishing is you best bet..orange pad and some polish...or some #0000 steel wool and polish with AIO or white vinegar

Post Thanks / Like
    DP Glass Restorer didn't work for me either, I used #0000 steel wool and AIO...worked perfectly.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    I had some etched water spots on my Dodge Caravan from my sprinkler system. I tried a lot of different products on it and nothing seemed to work. I finally tried some Pinnicale swirl remover on them and got them off. Since them I have been putting Klasse AIO on the windows and it does a great job preventing water spots. Diamondite makes product that Megan said would take off the water spot but I don't recal which one it was. I did try some products for plastic with great resuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    XMT 360 by hand worked for me on a water spotted windshield. Cleaned it right up.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    There is 2 ways you can try to remove them...use a SSR with a 1 cut like XMT 1..PB's SSSR 1...with a orange pad....work it a few times....

another product I have used and worked great on glass etching is Weinmans glass polish...it's used to polish glass stove tops...and works great....get at wal mart....it also leaves a slick surface that repells rain...very interesting product....I do my windows monthly with it..

Kitchen Care Products - Glass Cook Top Cleaner - Weiman Products

just some info to read on it.....

If they are real bad then you may need a cerium glass polish kit..it comes with a polish and a pad used on a drill...this stuff makes windows look like a diamond..its around 25.00...it will remove lite scrathes..wiper trails...etching..

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks alot everyone! ill try a few of these options to see what one works best for the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I forget what it's called but there's some OTC window restorer stuff that comes with a attachment for a drill I saw at Napa yesterday. I will try to get a name of it, but does anybody know what I may be talking about? and if it's any good? It was only $11, which I like.

Post Thanks / Like
    nevermind what i said, the stuff at Napa was for headlight rehab.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast