autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection and P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser Review

Hi all. Thought I would take a minute to offer up an application review for Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection and P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser. I choose UPP because this is our daily driver and during harsh NE Ohio winter I wanted to give the paint its best shot against road salt and the newer ice fighting chemicals. It had been suggested that UPP would be a great fit for this so I'm going to give it a go.

After a good wash I began removing the old wax using P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser. This product applied easily using a thin coat and removal was achieved with little effort. For paint that is in good condition with little correction being needed this product was a joy to use.

After having removed all old wax product from the vehicle I applied a thin even coat of UPP to the entire SUV and let it cure for about 30 minutes. Removal was again done with very little effort by hand. The SUV is White Diamond in color and looked very good with nice depth, product worked better for beauty than I had thought it might.

I took the car out last night and the front was covered in bugs by the time I got home. Decided to do a quick was and the bugs came free with little effort at all, very nice. I'll update how things work out after winter but so far I would give both products a big !

Thanks for reading,

Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection and P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser Review

Great review Pat. You gotta love UPP. It's one of my favorite sealants. So easy to use and remove. Looks are outstanding
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection and P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser Review

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Pat. You gotta love UPP. It's one of my favorite sealants. So easy to use and remove. Looks are outstanding
    Yup looks great and is really easy to apply and remove, perfect combo. BTW, love the 300ZX, that's one of my favorite cars! Great looking example

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

So strange to hear people prepping their vehicles for Winter already.

I am in Austin, Texas and our two weeks of Winter is still three months away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    So strange to hear people prepping their vehicles for Winter already.

I am in Austin, Texas and our two weeks of Winter is still three months away.
    Ha, sure rub it in! We have had snow for Halloween and the high for tomorrow is going to be 61*, low will be 40* tonight, summer hasn't even ended yet!

PC

Post Thanks / Like

I also live in Texas and I would love to have my two weeks of winter right now! I have a "Diamond White" 2012 Mercedes ML350 SUV and although this paint is an expensive option (it looks beautiful under the Texas sun and street lights), the "pop" some paints have is hard to achieve.

I have come close to the "pop" when I used the P21S prior to waxing or sealing. It is all I need for this paint since it is fairly new and well cared for. In fact, I doubt any harsh polish will ever be used on it. I follow up with something different all the time including wax (845) and sometimes sealants (Duragloss 105 or 111) and it seems everything I use works and looks better after using the Paintwork Cleanser - it is just a great product. I guess I will have to try the Four Star now.