autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealer Installed Swirl

Now that our second child is a month old, we decided our Toyota Venza wasn't cutting it and traded it in on a '13 Honda Odyssey. I told our sales guy I wanted no added stickers or emblems but forgot to emphasize no cleanup at all. Wow... It looks like they used a Brillo pad on the thing! I'm confident I can remove the swirls but my question is... there is a spot that they said was moisture under the clearcoat, anyone have experience with heating and drying this out? Thanks!
    Last edited by BobbyK; 05-25-2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Darn iPad, accidentally tapped "go"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealer Installed Swirl

I would never accept a new car with a CC flaw like that. Hondas are notorious for CC failures. Nice selection for a family car but make sure the paint is sound.

You can't dry water out from under CC without having bonding issues.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

So far I've only bought lightly-used, certified cars. Paint condition can never be 100% with these, but I always inspect it thoroughly just in case. I've been lucky so far in getting cars with paint in good condition.

As far as a brand-new vehicle, I think I would simply walk away if they tried to talk me into buying a new car with the beginnings of CC failure. >___<
    Nothing beats spending an entire day waxing your car and ignoring phone calls!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyK View Post
    Now that our second child is a month old, we decided our Toyota Venza wasn't cutting it and traded it in on a '13 Honda Odyssey. I told our sales guy I wanted no added stickers or emblems but forgot to emphasize no cleanup at all. Wow... It looks like they used a Brillo pad on the thing! I'm confident I can remove the swirls but my question is... there is a spot that they said was moisture under the clearcoat, anyone have experience with heating and drying this out? Thanks!
    If they know what it is than they should know how to fix it and provide the warranty on the repair. If it is "moisture" how did it get in there? Is there a hole in the clear? If it is water based paint did they not bake it properly? Sounds like a good place for rust to form, just after the dealer warranty is off of course. Just thinking out loud here, not pointing any fingers.