autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shop Lighting

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shop Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I'm assuming you also have 2 2-bulb fixtures per car spot as well. Are they directly above the vehicles? Is it possible to provide a picture of the placement of the fixtures with the care underneath? Thanks!
    I have four 2-bulb fixtures in the garage; two on side/per car yes. They are positioned above the vehicles yes. I aligned if you divide my 16ft door into 4ths I tried to aligned them to be as close to center for each half but they are off by about 6" only because I had two fixtures already in place and I wanted the new ones to cover the fixture boxes where they are and the power wires come through. See the last pic. where you can see how the figure covers the circular cover plate. Just a decision I made to keep the installation clean.

I also ran the wires on the outside of the ceiling under the conduit cover because just above the central beam is the sub floor for our bedroom and I couldn't fish the wire past or over it. That's okay as I think the conduit cover looks very clean and will blend perfectly once I paint the ceiling white. What I have now is just the drywall compound but paint is coming next.

Lastly, these lights didn't have diffusor covers with them so I'm fabricating my own and will install them later. Not necessary but I want a cleaner look so it's just a project I have on my workbench to be done.

Here are some pics that I hope help.

This first image is above my car and shows the conduit that I used to hide the wiring. I've done this for everythign from my garage door opener to cords I use for nearly anything including speaker wires. Keeps it clean. They are self adhesive but to insure they don't fall should the adhesive dry out, I back-calked the edges giving them a perfectly clean and sealed appearance.

Image 1

Here's a shot showing the alignment that is just off-center to the right of what I would call "ideal" but that's my OCD kicking in See the next pics as to why.

Image 2

Here's why I didn't move them over 6". I wanted the electrical fixture box cover to be hidden as much as possible thus also hiding 100% of the wires.

Image 3
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot pdqgp! It looks great, it sure helped a lot with trying to picture what it would look like.

Post Thanks / Like

This is how I have mine set up. No shadows anywhere in the shop. The 4 parallel with the car are directional.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    This is how I have mine set up. No shadows anywhere in the shop. The 4 parallel with the car are directional.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Looks great, thanks for sharing! I know you only have one car parked in there and the lights are to the side of the car, but if you park two cars in there, are the lights directly centered over each car?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123