autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: yellow clay for the great white north..

Again, judging clay quality based on it's elasticity is foolish. I can understand if it's crumbly, but just because it can stretch like bubble gum isn't helping with what's it's designed for.
    Last edited by David Fermani; 12-03-2008 at 12:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Again, judging clay quality based on it's elasticity is foolish. I can understand if it's crumbly, but just because it can stretch like bubble gum isn't helping with what's it's designed for.
    And why wouldn't you want a clay that performs just as good as any other clay offered today yet you can use less of it to cover the same amount of area with it. It's elasticity is just a great characteristic, no one said it out performed all other clay.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info wytstang, i have some on the way and looking forward to trying it in the spring unless can borrow a friends garage. way to cool to be playing outside, i hate canadian winters except for the hockey!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wystang
    you can use less of it to cover the same amount of area with it.
    So you're saying that a small piece of non-elastic clay can't do that? Does it absorb/eat/disentegrate the contaminants some way unlike other clays? Are you saying that a small (~25 gram) piece of elastic clay will equivalently decontaminate the same area as say a 100+ gram piece of non-elastic clay? I kinda like using large pieces about the size of my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    no one said it out performed all other clay.
    Ok, then what clay outperforms it? Maybe your not reading the threads you're posting in on other sites?

Does this look familiar:

I prefer the elastic clay hands down, it kneads so much easier and it does feel more sticky then the clay magic from what I remember. Mothers twice has fallen apart when used and I haven't tried Megs. I found a source still selling it a year ago and picked up a few bars for my rides. I'm glad I did too, and you better believe I hold it like my life depends on it. I'm pretty sure if a bar dropped I'd just out right ball like a 12 yr old girl lol.

Post Thanks / Like

So you're saying that a small piece of non-elastic clay can't do that?
    Nope, I'm saying you can pull the same/equal amount off and the elastic clay will flatten out further via hand.
    Does it absorb/eat/disentegrate the contaminants some way unlike other clays? Are you saying that a small (~25 gram) piece of elastic clay will equivalently decontaminate the same area as say a 100+ gram piece of non-elastic clay? I kinda like using large pieces about the size of my hand.
    Again I have yet to say it out performed any other clay, however elastic clay can be flattened out using less clay then non-elastic clay. Am I not saying this right or something? Take 2 25 grams of elastic clay and non-elastic clay and flatten them out by hand and the elastic clay will flatten out further.
    Ok, then what clay outperforms it?
    Well seeing as how all the elastic clay I have used/posses have/are mild any clay thats aggressive would out perform it. duh.
    Maybe your not reading the threads you're posting in on other sites?
    Maybe you're not not reading what I'm saying right?
    Does this look familiar:
    It looks exactly like what I'm saying now, I prefer elastic clay, it does feel more sticky the Clay Magic's clay. Now show me where I said/typed it out performed it? Where did I say it pulled more contaminates?

Post Thanks / Like

So you're basically hyping elastic clay not because it removes contaminants better (quicker w/less or no marring you'd maybe hope for) but because it's stickier and can be flattened better? I guess some people might find that entertaining, but for people that use it for it's decontamination characteristics it isn't important. I can't recall a time where I needed CM to be stickier and softer than it already is? Hmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

So you're basically hyping elastic clay not because it removes contaminants better (quicker w/less or no marring you'd maybe hope for) but because it's stickier and can be flattened better? I guess some people might find that entertaining, but for people that use it for it's decontamination characteristics it isn't important. I can't recall a time where I needed CM to be stickier and softer than it already is? Hmmmm
    No I'm "hyping" it because it's easier to work with vs non-elastic clay. Some people like products that are easier to work with, some find that aspect important. But I guess when threads asking about this stuff come up, every one who prefers it must not know what they are talking about.
    Look familiar?
    I don't think their needs to be any more that 2-3 different grades of clay produced. That's also what I was told by my friend at Auto Magic.
    Now I know why you are so hard up on defending there clay. You have "friends" there. Your not the only one who can look through Autopia threads.
    EDIT:I'm no longer going to respond in this thread. No need to continue hi jacking it. I found the truth and I'm done.
    Last edited by wytstang; 12-05-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the yellow clay coming to me, and can't wait to see how it compares. From what I've read in my internet travels, I don't remember anyone mention that it cleans any better than regular clay. Only that it's easier to work with. I haven't used it yet but in my mind, it's probably like comparing a WOWO wax to a traditional heavy wax. Both may give the same shine, but the latter needs a bit more elbow grease.

Post Thanks / Like

No I'm "hyping" it because it's easier to work with vs non-elastic clay. Some people like products that are easier to work with, some find that aspect important. But I guess when threads asking about this stuff come up, every one who prefers it must not know what they are talking about.
    Sure, I can definitely see value in a product that makes detailing easier. I’ve been using clay (mostly CM) 6 days a week, every week of the year, since it came out in the early 90’s and I like to think I have a decent understanding of its characteristics and how they *could* be improved. The only way CM could get any easier, is if it came with someone to do the claying for you. I, and the dozens of people on-line (and 100’s of 1000’s in the detailing business) have never had 1 problem with its performance (or lack of). I find that many people that have trouble with clay generally don’t use it properly.

Look familiar?
    Quote:
    I don't think their needs to be any more that 2-3 different grades of clay produced. That's also what I was told by my friend at Auto Magic.
    ^^^^And I still think I’m right! Detailers only need 2 grades – Mild and Heavy. No more, no less. Don’t you agree?

Now I know why you are so hard up on defending there clay. You have "friends" there. Your not the only one who can look through Autopia threads.
    EDIT:I'm no longer going to respond in this thread. No need to continue hi jacking it. I found the truth and I'm done.

So you look down on people if they become friends with someone they do business with and stand behind a product that works? I’ve made many friends in this business. Is that something that should be perceived as negative? I have a feeling that the motivation behind your post is fueled by either jealousy or ignorance? Isn’t the OP “friends” with the Canadian re-seller of elastic clay? That a pretty pathetic irony according to your philosophy/standards. I find it interesting how the person that revived this thread almost a year and half after the last post gets banned for spamming?

I’d love to get my hands on some of this miracle clay to compare. Can anyone send me some of their precious stash……?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[HI Nica I need some clay down to my last 2 jars I bought them a while ago about a case(30) or so jars of two. Would you be interested in sending some down to California If not I might have someone in canada it can be shipped to and they could send it to me. By the way what are you paying for it I have paid as little as $6 for a jar of two bars.

Thanks

All By Hand Detailing

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567