autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

klasse sealant glaze "haze time"/ease of removal questions

I've used KSG a few times and i really like the stuff, however after reading through some stuff on here and on the ag store i have a couple of questions:
    A) How long do you (should I) allow the applied product to haze/set up before removal? The store says 45 minutes but i saw somewhere either on hear or youtube only 15 to 20 minutes, will the reduced set up time have a negative effect on the product? (this is not about the 8 hour cure time, only the application/ removal process)
    b)does using a quick detailer or distilled water as a removal aid hurt the product durability once fully cured? (i would not have a problem with doing 2 coats in one day if it werent so labor intensive to remove the hazed product, one in the morning and one later in the evening)
    c) can the product be used in a fine mist spray bottle to use less product and make it easier to remove? (less excess product to remove would be my thinking behind this question)
    thanks in advance for any input.
    -chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: klasse sealant glaze "haze time"/ease of removal questions

I have been applying with a small $1 2oz. spray bottle i bought from the travel section at Target (also available at Walmart) and a microfiber "brick" style applicator. Made application much easier and I used less than 1oz to coat my Enclave. It won't come out of the sprayer as a mist per say but will allow you to use less product and apply thinner coats.
    When applying you really shouldn't be able to see a heavy haze. I apply so that the product "disappears" into the paint. This made buffing MUCH easier. Klasse says to use a QD or spray wax if you find buffing is difficult. I waited about 30 minutes before buffing but it really depends on temp and humidity.

3. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I put it in a spray bottle, so lightly mist the applicator, but not to mist onto the paint. If you are careful and apply if very thin, you can use a QD for water to mist on to help in removal, but this may not be necessary. I wait 30 minutes once I'm done with the entire car, which hasn't let me down so far.

Mike Phillips

Maybe not so much for the OP but for anyone reading this into the future, please read the below article before using this product...

A tip for working with waxes, paint sealants or coatings that are new to you

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If I use QD to remove the excess KLASSE HIGH GLOSS SEALANT GLAZE and I want to put one more coat of the KLASSE will l it adhere to the QD? Should I use an alcohol/water mix to remove the final polish before applying the KLASSE GLAZE? How 'bout using an alcohol mix to remove the dry KLASSE? Will it also remove the coat of class that I want to stay on for the protection and gloss it gives? Having a hard time removing the excess KLASSE after it dried.+X

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Will this affect the adhesion abilities of the HGSG when a second coat of the sg is applied? Should I use an alcohol/water solution to remove the waxy residue before applying second coat of HGSG? With this also remove the first coat of SG putting me back to square one?