autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure Washer...Which One

Kracher X Series 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer

vs.

Cleanforce 1,800 PSI 1.5 Axial Cam Heavy-Duty Electric Pressure Washer

From what I've read, the Kracher is great, but the fittings are plastic. The Cleanforce on the other hand is fitted with metal fittings. This is where my education ends...so I'm reaching out to all of you.

Thanks, Kieran

#

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washer...Which One

Sorry I cant help you, I have a gas model. But I also hear good things about the Kracher.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older low output 1400 psi Karcher and I love it. I would buy a Karcher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Karcher also and it's worked flawlessly since I bought it (7 mos). One feature I wish I had was some type of wheel built in to roll up the hose on the unit. The hose that comes with it is hard to roll up and likes to tangle. Also, I would get ones that have a larger soap tank up higher in the unit. Mine has a small soap tank located on the bottom. It's a pain to fill and the machine never want to draw the soap upwards consistently.

Although next time, I think I may get whatever machine Costco is selling. People have told me if you save your receipt the will warranty it forever. Right now they are selling a Snap On labeled machine that looks pretty nice for the price.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Karcher K5.740. The fittings are plastic, but so far haven't had any problems with it. It does have a wheel to roll up the hose, which is handy but you still have to guide it, otherwise it bunches up on one side. Had the Karcher since last summer and no major complaints - just used it last weekend prepping the car for the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the cleanforce 1800 and its pretty nice. The hose is flexible rubber that doesnt kink, the power is pretty good, and the fittings are all 1/4in quick connect so my foam cannon (mtm) fits right to it.

The power is good, and you can leave it on the entire time you wash the car without making any noise or wasting gas (however little it is). Spray it when you want, and otherwise it just sits there silent as opposed to a gasser that runs non stop unless you turn it on and of and on and off etc...

The only thing i'd change is it only comes with a 15, 40 and soap nozzles, and i think a 25 would be ideal for rinsing with it.

Of course as i write this, i'm thinking about returning mine and getting a gas washer for the extra water volume and pressure. But the cleanforce is about as good as it gets for an electric if you ask me.

I also added these Amazon.com: Dramm 22728 Aluminum Quick Disconnect: Patio, Lawn & Garden to make it easier to set up and break down, a lot faster and easier, i hate being bent over screwing in hoses. The female goes on the garden hose, then the male goes on the inlet side of the washer, and another male on your hose nozzle, sprinkler whatever. its great. and you can leave the water on while you change things, the female stops flow unless a male is inside it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Moose View Post
    I have the cleanforce 1800 and its pretty nice. The hose is flexible rubber that doesnt kink, the power is pretty good, and the fittings are all 1/4in quick connect so my foam cannon (mtm) fits right to it.

The power is good, and you can leave it on the entire time you wash the car without making any noise or wasting gas (however little it is). Spray it when you want, and otherwise it just sits there silent as opposed to a gasser that runs non stop unless you turn it on and of and on and off etc...

The only thing i'd change is it only comes with a 15, 40 and soap nozzles, and i think a 25 would be ideal for rinsing with it.

Of course as i write this, i'm thinking about returning mine and getting a gas washer for the extra water volume and pressure. But the cleanforce is about as good as it gets for an electric if you ask me.

I also added these Amazon.com: Dramm 22728 Aluminum Quick Disconnect: Patio, Lawn & Garden to make it easier to set up and break down, a lot faster and easier, i hate being bent over screwing in hoses. The female goes on the garden hose, then the male goes on the inlet side of the washer, and another male on your hose nozzle, sprinkler whatever. its great. and you can leave the water on while you change things, the female stops flow unless a male is inside it.

So the MTM works fine with the Cleanforce 1800? I just picked one up at Home Depot and wasn't sure if the MTM would work since it says the minimum requirements are 2 GPM and the Cleanforce is 1.5 GPM. I did pick up a Foam Blaster for $5 since it was there. I didn't see an adapter kit but not sure if one's needed yet.

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Moose View Post

thank you for the info. I will be purchasing this in the next 2-3 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Karcher x series 2k psi ftw!
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trencher7 View Post
    So the MTM works fine with the Cleanforce 1800? I just picked one up at Home Depot and wasn't sure if the MTM would work since it says the minimum requirements are 2 GPM and the Cleanforce is 1.5 GPM. I did pick up a Foam Blaster for $5 since it was there. I didn't see an adapter kit but not sure if one's needed yet.
    The foam blaster needs a female brass adapter, it you have a plastic wand it will strip threads and leak. Just FYI. I have gas and electric it fits metal extension wands but my plastic is a no go.

You folks with a gas washer when you store it, you purge the carberator?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast