autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Some guidance on interior products.

whats up people. i think i will get better help on this section vs the introduction section. i didnt even know a forum like this existed until i started searching for some cleaners and conditioners for my car seats. i recently did an interior swap from tan to black and the seats i got are in great shape cosmetically but they are stiff because they got wet at some point.

after reading through random threads and trying to make out the abbreviations i know there is more stuff than just meguiars lexol and mothers...i did learn that conditioners are best if they are water based. long story short here is what i am looking for.

A good leather/ and or dashboard cleaner (one that works best on black to bring back the natural color of my seats)

leather conditioner with a good long lasting leather scent

a dashboard protectant thats not so glossy but will have have a nice sheen to it and doesnt attract dust.

im not sure if i would need a leather seat sealer or protectant???

last but not least something better than Mothers "back to black" for my exterior window weather strips and windshield wipers

Which type of towels or pads and brushes would be recommended for each application?

any recommendations would be extremely appreciated! oh yea...before i forget, this week i plan on getting my headliner done in suede so i bet i would need something specifically for that. THANKS

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some guidance on interior products.

Not a bad post I would like to learn more about interior products too. I was just about to pick up the Mothers back to black because I got some wax on the black plastic part of the side mirrors. I decided to look around a bit more. I use Meguairs dashboard wipes on mine. Its OK doesn't leave a shine but does remove the
    build up of grime especially on the steering wheel.
    Conrad 2007 Malibu LT
    2004 XJ8 Jaguar 2001 C 320 Mercedes Benz
    1996 Lexus GS 300

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought it would be a good post too...i guess patience is virtue hehe. but yea i was really dissapointed with the mothers product. im glad i stumbled upon this site it opened u alot options. so far, im interested in the griot products or maybe pinnacle or wolfgang. leather master seems like a good option also....i looked up leatherique but my wallet started yelling lol in the end iv never used any and i dont want to overspend on something i dont need.

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Interior Protectant would be a good start. I love the finish it leaves on my dashboard9 not glossy). You can't go wrong with Leather Master's products either. The soft cleaner works very well if your seats aren't too soiled. I have yet to find a leather conditioner with a good leather scent. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

As for cleaners, I made a comparison video that you might want to look at (shameless plugin http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...r-cleaner.html)

As for protectant, CEE DOG, has made a few awesome reviews... let me get one... here we go Review: Ultima Interior Guard Plus (UIGP)

The protectant will go on leather and dash.

As for back to black, I actually have a test I'm doing currently on a similar product "solution finish." It's not a review in the normal sense, but at least you might get a chuckle. So far it seems like quality stuff. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...onditions.html

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help guys

Post Thanks / Like

I just did the black interior of my Caddy with Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant. Spray on an old microfiber, work into the surface, and buff with a clean one 5 minutes later. I used it on everything - leather seats, dash, interior trim. Not greasy or shiny. I usually clean with a damp terry cloth first with a spritz of APC for tough stains. It doesn't smell like leather, though.

I've used Mother's back to black and it is ok but needs to be reapplied periodically. I have been meaning to try Black Wow.