autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Concrete overspray

How To Remove Concrete Overspray off car paint

Hey guys I have a customer who owns a demolition company and recently had the cab of his hauling truck covered in concrete overspray. I've never encountered anything like this before so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on removing it. It is on all panels of the cab including the windows. I got a couple of pictures on my phone to give some perspective..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Phillips

Re: Concrete overspray

Check out this thread, Richy mentions a product somewhere that is supposed to be for removing concrete or cement off paint.

2012 A7 with Cement Splatter and Road Paint!!

The other options that come to mind would be the usual claying or using a nylon rasor blade to scrape it off and then polish afterwards.

Or maybe try this,

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner removes resins, carbon deposits, silicones, and contaminants from molds. You’ll never again be frustrated trying to remove tough gunk and grime in your home, office, garage or car. Natural citrus XENIT by Stoner removes tacky, grimy dirt so well, in most cases you can simply “wipe it away.”

Xenit is a natural precision mold cleaner used as a degreaser in the plastics and rubber molding industries. It contains Citrus 66, a highly refine extract of citrus fruit. This powerful ingredient removes greasy soil and stains that can't be removed by soap and water.

Use XENIT to quickly permanent marker, crayon and lipstick “accidents” in the car and around the home. It removes release agents, resins, carbon deposits, and other contaminants left in mold cavities.

Xenit contains more than five, different, high performance cleaners. Unlike most water-based citrus cleaners that are designed to lift and carry dirt, XENIT is formulated to break down the complex molecules found in sticky materials. This MicroActive cleaning action gives XENIT unequaled abilities to loosen and dissolve difficult grime like tar, grease, gum and adhesives. It even removes dried latex paint if accidentally dripped on carpet, flooring, or furniture. Xenit removes shoe scuffs and heel marks from from vinyl panels and greasy dirt from fabrics and upholstery.

Save yourself hours of agony trying to remove sticky stuff with standard cleaners. Avoid wasted time spent laboring with inferior water-based products. XENIT is formulated to evaporate and dry completely, leaving behind no sticky residues or streaky soaps.

10 oz. aerosol.

Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike. I will give these a try and post an update. I appreciate your help!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by esv5454 View Post
    Thank you Mike. I will give these a try and post an update. I appreciate your help!

No problemo... that's what we're here for...

Best of luck and looking forward to your follow-up...

Post Thanks / Like

***Update***

After getting some product recommendations from Mike for concrete removal I set out to order both XENIT and Back Set and do some comparisons. Unfortunately I was unable to get XENIT as it is not allowed to be sold in or shipped to California so I immediately placed an order for Back Set.

It arrived a week later and I was able to try it out over the weekend. I had doubts about being able to safely remove all of this concrete overspray but the Back Set produced amazing results with little effort. As per the directions I applied the Back Set to a dry surface with a chemical sprayer and let it soak for 15 minutes.

BEFORE

Concrete splatter on white paint.

Upon applying the second coat the concrete was already breaking down and starting to rinse off with just the pressure from the sprayer alone. After letting the second pass soak for about ten minutes the concrete was pretty much broken down so I pressured washed everything off and the concrete just rinsed right off with no trace of it left behind.

AFTER

After pressuring washing and giving the truck a final wash the results were amazing.

Interior before and after

The interior of this thing hadn't been cleaned in years and was a mess so I also detailed the interior. A few before and afters:

BEFORE

AFTER

Mike Phillips

Awesome and Amazing!

Thank you so much for following through with this project and I personally thank you even more for the follow-up post showing your results.

Any detailing job takes longer when the person doing the work STOPS what they are doing to grab their camera and document before, process and after shots.

Then, AFTER the hard work, to take the pictures and process them on your computer, upload them to a gallery and insert them and add text is so very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job there. That job that Mike referenced seemed to have more road paint than concrete. I was the owner telling me it was concrete. The Back Set helped a lot, but I still needed to do steps to remove the road paint. Did you find the Back Set really stinky stuff to work with? I was down low spraying the bottom of the doors and it was really making me cough.

Post Thanks / Like

very impressive job

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Awesome and Amazing!

Thank you so much for following through with this project and I personally thank you even more for the follow-up post showing your results.

Any detailing job takes longer when the person doing the work STOPS what they are doing to grab their camera and document before, process and after shots.

Then, AFTER the hard work, to take the pictures and process them on your computer, upload them to a gallery and insert them and add text is so very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to give me advice on this project and for your response to my follow up. I truly appreciate it. I was very happy with the results and this project was one of my most gratifying to date. The owner hasn't seen the truck yet since I finished but I'm expecting him to be as ecstatic as I am.

I will be attending your boot camp next month and can't wait to meet everyone and have a great time.

-Eric

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Great job there. That job that Mike referenced seemed to have more road paint than concrete. I was the owner telling me it was concrete. The Back Set helped a lot, but I still needed to do steps to remove the road paint. Did you find the Back Set really stinky stuff to work with? I was down low spraying the bottom of the doors and it was really making me cough.
    Thanks for the response Richy. The Back Set has a pretty offensive smell to it but not quite as bad as IronX in my opinion. When I was standing on the steps spraying down the top of the truck it was blowing back in my face the whole time which made me pretty aggravated since I couldn't hold my breath long enough to finish. With how well this stuff works putting up with the smell is definitely worth it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast