autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How do i connect foam cannon to a pressure washer?

Hey everyone so i bought this karcher pressure washer: Costco - Kärcher 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer. I also bought this foam blaster from home depot: Homelite | G-Clean Detergent Foamer | Home Depot Canada. It says connect the pressure wand to the foam blaster but there is no way its fits in like i just cannot connect it. Heres the manual for foam blaster: .
    Heres the foam blaster pic: and .
    That hows pressure wand and trigger gun connection looks like: .
    I hope someone can help me here.
    thx

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do i connect foam cannon to a pressure washer?

I think you need one of these
    Karcher K-Series Pressure Washer Fitting
    some quick release connections from HD would also help

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need an adapter that I believe screws into the foamer attachment that is a karcher style connector. The foamer currently has a quick connect style fitting. I saw a nice selection of adapters at home depot by there pressure washers but didn't look for a karcher style specifically.

I tried that same foamer you have and wasn't very impressed. Its too watery and the dwell time is too short, I would say its a small step up from a foam gun. YMMV

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    You need this:

Karcher K series adapter from AutoGeek. Also, when you receive it, you need to be aware it contains a small tube and O-ring that is just held in by gravity before its screwed into the second thing you need, which is this:

This is a 1/4" piece of NPT pipe. It's available from Home Depot in the plumbing department. Another thing you will need is a 1/4"(I believe) female quick release, as unlike other formers, the quick release does not unscrew from your foamer, you you need a female to connect to the male
    built into your foamer. That's all you need, is those 3 things. One comes from AutoGeek, the other 2 from Home Depot or Lowes.

So, it will fit like this:

Foamer with 1/4" male quick release ->
    1/4" female quick release (with internal/female 1/4" NPT pipe thread on other end) ->
    1/4" piece of NPT pip( threaded on both ends/same size): One side screws into female quick realease internal thread/ other side screws into ->
    Karcher K series adapter (also has female 1/4" NPT threads). ->
    The Karcher adapter goes into your Karcher gun taking the place of the wand. You will not use the wand with a Karcher and a foamer.

Here is a picture of my set up:

It's similar, but I use a MTM Hydro Foamer. The foamer I use came with a quick release, but I chose to remove it to simplify my setup. However, the quick release on your foamer must be utilized, as it's molded into the plastic and can't be removed.

Two important points:

1. The adapter comes with an o ring and spacer inside. Be careful NOT TO let it fall out. Or it may fall out in shipping (it comes from AG in an envelope so it won't be lost)..do not lose either piece (o ring or tube) or the adapter is useless and will leak all over the place. PM me if you have this problem

2. Don't waste your time contacting any pressure washer "experts" or retailers. They will tell you you can not use a foamer (except the Karcher foamer) with this pressure washer. This is just not true. Here is proof:

PM me if you have any problems. All the parts you need will cost about $20.00 ( not including any shipping cost).

Post Thanks / Like
    man he got u covered to make it work , let me tell u that . if u can't get it together after that explanation then u don't deserve to have a foam cannon . lol . anyways dont get u hopes up on the g foamer thingy . it may be a touch better than a foam gun . i about purchased one of the g thingy myself like 15-20 bucks but I saw that every box my local home depot had was opened and was a returned item . what people were using them for idk . but to me that was enough to say nope . search for the mtm for about $50 . it's that much better than g-thing I bet . u will still need that adapter though also . enjoy