autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New to Xmt line up.

What should I buy for hevy swirls lil both paint defects etc.. Then something good come back clean itall up to showroom shine. Also am saveing up for your boot camp class.

Sent from my Vortex using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to Xmt line up.

The XMT line has numbers on the polishes for the degree of abrasiveness. The line offers alot of value and was designed for use by buffers and has an easy learning curve.

Save up for Mike's classes indeed ... you cannot imagine the wealth of knowledge and hands on work.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard anything good about XMT's Polishes. IMO there are a lot better polishes out there. I love their XMT360, its my go-to AIO and their spray wax. I've also head really good things about their shampoo and XMT180. I just don't think their line of polishes is their strong area.
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    I haven't heard anything good about XMT's Polishes..
    Gotta disagree somewhat.

IMO, they're not bad, especially for someone just starting out. They're easy to use, forgiving in sun and do well the shine department. It also helps that they're frequently on BOGO, and come in reasonably small bottles which aids in experimentation.

Are they as good as Menzerma? Nope. But XMT is no Turtle Wax either.

Your mileage may vary.
    Mike at www.GreatReflections.biz
    Vancouver, WA's convenient Mobile Detailer comes to you!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the XMT polishes. I use XMT2 all the time and XMT360 is an amazing 'go to' all in one product that I use a ton of. I used to think that the products left haze until I realized that I just wasn't working them long enough. If you give the product a little more time with the machine then they break down perfectly and leave no haze behind. I've been using XMT polishes for paint correction and not much else for most of the last three years. I can't say that I've used anything significantly better. Maybe more of the same result, but if you can get swirls out of paint and not leave haze behind, then keep using whatever that product is.

As for the rest of their line, I absolutely love the spray wax. And the Clay Lube is awesome as well. And the glaze with carnauba is another huge winner on dark colors that I use all the time as well. I could honestly stock my shelf with XMT products and not need to buy much else when it comes to paint care. I love my Wolfgang and Pinnacle, but I look at the paint protection side of it as more of an art form. First you need the tools to properly prep the paint and that is where I find XMT to be very very capable. Don't even get me started about the difference in my process after I discovered the pad conditioner and cleaner! Those are absolute 'must have' products for anyone using a machine and foam pads.

This is my favorite shelf in my garage. I like to keep a set of fresh bottles up there and the ones I use are in another cabinet. I've always wanted to have a whole product line in my garage, and XMT is the one I chose to fulfill that wish with.

.....www.OCDetails.com.....
    Obessive Compulsive Details
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Copyright © OCDetails.com All Rights Reserved

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm well now that ScubaCougr and OCDetails says there pretty good I may have to set aside my presumptions of hearsay and try some. When I was saying I didn't hear anything good I've heard a couple times that the XMT polishes 1, 2, and 3 wouldn't remove ANYTHING and 4 was the only one that really did much in the way of defect removal. Maybe I shouldn't assume
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Shelf OCDetails!!
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Cobb AP stg 2) - Daily
    1993 Vintage Red RX-7 Twin Turbo (stock, 18,500 miles) - Sunday
    ~Drew

Post Thanks / Like

I used XMT #4 with success on a light colored car with swirls and light scratches. I didn't have luck with it on darker colored cars. I use 360 and really like it as an AIO. It's hit or miss
    Waxin' Willys Detailing
    Like us on Facebook!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: New to Xmt line up.

Thank you all for your tips on the line up, I still have not made a choice of what I will use. We do have this stuff called XP Swirl remover from Auto magic I have not tried it yet.