autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My new daily driver :)

Well folks... I said goodbye to our 12 year old Civic yesterday. She's been good to us, our daily driver, since she was brand new. In those 12 years, no dealer visits for any warranty or repair work. Talk about reliable. It was my wife's first new car that we bought together. There was nothing wrong with her, but she would have needed some replacements soon for brakes, tires, etc... and with our 2nd kid due in 3 weeks, we thought it was a good time to search for another reliable daily driver, with slightly more room.

Here she was in better days...

Also in 2001, I bought my first new car. It was a time I would never forget. Independent for the first time, and finally rid of those rust bucket vehicles that would sometimes not start, I was elated to get behind the wheel of a 2001 Acura Integra. It was my first and most memorable new car. Here was a pic of her then:

Well, for our Civic replacement, I'm back in the saddle of another Acura. Today, we just purchased a 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition :grin: IMO, for daily drivers, nothing beats a Honda/Acura. We chose the TSX for it's roominess, large trunk, fwd, plush interior, great ride, great handling (for a fwd), and uber reliability.

This is also my first silver car. For a daily driver, nothing beats it, but imo, the Silver Moon color really works on this car... The chrome and gray/black accents really pop. I'm also hoping that silver should be easier to take care of. Since I'll be spending time with 2 kids soon, instead of 1, I wanted a color that would be less maintenance to care for that my black and my kona blue. Any suggestions for lsp's folks???

Marilyn (5.0) is still my love, but now she has to make room for yet another woman in my life. I'd like you all to meet Tori.

(Please forgive the pics, but these were NOT taken with my Nikon, but instead with my crappy camera phone. I don't pick her up until Wednesday next week, since I am getting ClearBra installed, along with a spoiler. I will be sure to remember to bring my Nikon for some better shots.)

Sitting on the showroom floor:

This was how many miles were on her!!! (no one drove her but us)

After they pulled it off the showroom floor for us:

Sitting in the pre-delivery bay (with the SOLD sign! ) waiting to be detailed and prepped for delivery to me on Wednesday. I can't wait!!!

I will for sure post updated pics in this thread with DSLR pics of Tori once I pick her up.
    2012 Ford Mustang 5.0 - Kona Blue Christened name: MARILYN
    2012 Acura TSX S.E. - Silver Moon Christened name: TORI
    2013 Toyota Prius V - Blue Ribbon Metallic Christened name: PORTIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new daily driver :)

um, "waiting to be detailed for us?"

have you learned nothing from this site?

congrats on the new ride but please slap yourself...
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    um, "waiting to be detailed for us?"

have you learned nothing from this site?

congrats on the new ride but please slap yourself...
    LOL.... don't worry man. I'm the one who even posted the thread about not having the dealer touch the car. However, she has already been sitting on the showroom floor, and I already detected some slight marring from them mucking with it. I carefully instructed the general manager and the head of the detailing crew my orders: Just an interior clean up, and a hand wax. I'm still debating if I should just cancel the detail altogether. I figured I'm going to be buffing it anyways. We'll see. I have 2 days. She is getting clear bra'd Monday. I'm sure with folks touching it there, I'll get more marring then

Post Thanks / Like

better yet, show up at the dealership, buffer and swirl gun in hand, and polish out the area that they are going to clear bra. Don't forget your gg pre wax cleaner for that squeeky clean clean...
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

better yet, show up at the dealership, buffer and swirl gun in hand, and polish out the area that they are going to clear bra. Don't forget your gg pre wax cleaner for that squeeky clean clean...
    I wish I could. But being 2 hours away doesn't really make it easy Am taking day off Wednesday to pick her up.

No worries, she will be deswirled and 99% corrected by my own hands soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportscarhiatus View Post
    Since I'll be spending time with 2 kids soon, instead of 1, I wanted a color that would be less maintenance to care for that my black and my kona blue. Any suggestions for lsp's folks???
    If you don't mind using a carnauba instead of a sealant (or you could just use both), and that silver is metallic, I have to say I'd recommend Pinnacle SS II. I used it when I had that silver 350Z and it would really make Nissan's paint flake pop out in the summer sun. I actually used to use the SS II on top of Wolfgang's DGPS (well I still do).

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice TSX! My mom has a 2010 MDX and my dad has a 1997 2.2 CL. We love Acura's! When we got the MDX it had so much crap in the paint. I guess they are transported by rail and the rail dust gets all over the cars. Good luck with the detail!

Post Thanks / Like

Tim,

What a great idea and I would love to see the expression on everyone's face when he shows up armed and ready!!

Great looking ride and congratulations on your new purchase.

Give it a nice buff with something like Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA then protect it with Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Sharp car. But, I wouldn't let them touch it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Tim,

What a great idea and I would love to see the expression on everyone's face when he shows up armed and ready!!

Great looking ride and congratulations on your new purchase.

Give it a nice buff with something like Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA then protect it with Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0...
    Thanks bobby. I hope this will be easier than my kona blue paint

Quote Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
    Sharp car. But, I wouldn't let them touch it.
    They already have (see above). Sitting on show room floor, daily wiped, rubbed, you name it...washed too I bet. So what's one more? I'll be correcting it already anyways. It's not fresh off the truck like my 5.0 was.....I wish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast