autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up How To Remove Tar From Paint

How To Remove Tar From Paint

Road tar is to automotive paint finishes as kryptonite is to Superman - it's destructive. Up until you did a little research and found Autogeek, the well-known methods for removing road tar can be just as destructive as the road tar itself. That's why we're here; to show you how to do it the correct way. Put away the Cisco, save the peanut butter for a sandwich, and put the can of WD-40 back on the shelf in the garage, because you're about to learn how to remove road tar the correct way.

One thing about Autogeek is we're always on the search for the latest and greatest car care products across the globe. Last year we acquired CarPro, a company known for their ceramic paint coating, Cquartz, and paint decontamination spray, Iron X. Products manufactured by CarPro are unlike any other, and one of their most recent breakthroughs, Tar X, is no exception.

CarPro Tar X is a bug and tar remover on steroids. Unlike other bug and tar removers that rely on harsh solvents, CarPro Tar X utilizes an advanced blend of natural solvents extracted from orange peels that are designed to safely lift bugs and tar. Tar X is as simple as spraying on, letting it sit for a minute, and wiping clean with a damp rag. While Tar X won't replace your peanut butter or WD-40, it will safely remove bugs and tar without compromising your vehicle's delicate finish.

I'm a big fan of transferring all my car care chemicals into a heavy-duty PVC spray bottle. These spray bottles hold up to 32 ounces of liquid and are constructed of rugged PVC that eliminates the chance of chemicals leaking over time. They come equipped with a widely adjustable high-output sprayer that fits comfortably in your hand.

Start off by generously spraying the area with Tar X and then let it sit for a minute or two. If the vehicle is heavily soiled with dirt and road grime, give it a good bath first.

Removing tar from your paint is made easy with CarPro Tar X, as it starts working immediately, breaking down the tar so it can be wiped away effortlessly. Up until this product was invented, tar removal from automotive finishes was often associated as being a messy, difficult process. Removing tar from your paint has never been this easy!

After letting Tar X sit on your paint for a couple minutes, wipe it off using a strong jet of water or a dampened microfiber towel. The natural solvents in Tar X make it easy to remove the tar from your vehicle's paint. Removing tar from your paint often requires heavy agitation or scrubbing, but not with Tar X.

After you've wiped the paint clean of all the tar and remaining residues, inspect your results.

Looks good to me!

What helped make tar removal effortless from my vehicle, besides the powerful natural solvents in Tar X, is the fact that I keep it well maintained by using a high-quality spray wax or spray detailer after every wash. Using a durable spray wax, such as Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax, allows the surface to stay slick so virtually nothing can stick to the paint. Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax is one of the more popular spray waxes because it's easy to use and provides a shine that's often mistaken for a high-end carnauba paste wax.

After using Tar X to remove the tar from the paint, some type of wax or sealant should be re-applied to ensure the paint is protected. Like I mentioned above, Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax is my spray wax of choice. Spray on, buff off, and enjoy the new-found shine and protection.

The Tar has been replaced with a deep, warm glow.

Now that you know how to remove tar from your paint, keep a bottle of CarPro Tar X handy as it makes automotive tar removal safe and effortless.

CarPro Tar X

Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax

32 oz. Heavy Duty PVC Clear Spray Bottle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Remove Tar From Paint

Love this easy on/off product. Central Indiana is loaded with filled in pot holes in the spring, so this seems perfect for the detailing hoard in my house!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Nick! I will definitely pick some of this up.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's a great review Nick!! I love my TarX and I think it needs to be in every detailer's arsenal. It just works so well.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

its that easy?!?!? maybe i no longer have to dread it. turtle wax bug and tar needs a lot of elbow grease.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick,

Will DP Cleanse-All remove tar?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

If you use a microfiber towel to wipe the tar, is it still reusable after? Can the tar even be cleaned off the towel?

Post Thanks / Like

Might have to add a sample size of this to my cart now.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Wow that's a great review Nick!! I love my TarX and I think it needs to be in every detailer's arsenal. It just works so well.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Great write-up!

I have yet to try TarX, but it looks like nice stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast