autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

Anyone who used these polishes from CG, V34 V36 V38, can comment on them?

How do they compare to the highly rated Menzerna?

So far I heard one say it does not dust...

Is it SMAT/DAT?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Polishes V34 V36 V38

I have not used them. But the Paint Correction polishes that I have from CG, use DAT.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rock012345 View Post

Is it SMAT/DAT?
    I've used V36 and I did not have any dusting issues. I believe they are DAT, I think I found that seaching Autopia. If you email their customer service they are usually pretty responsive.

Post Thanks / Like

I have sampled them, but not used them extensively. That said they didn't blow me away by any means, and the seem to be DAT. Their biggest pro for me is the price, but I feel like there are better products out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    I have sampled them, but not used them extensively. That said they didn't blow me away by any means, and the seem to be DAT. Their biggest pro for me is the price, but I feel like there are better products out there.
    okay thanks, when you say better products, can you tell me what you use and feel is best, I am guessing you mean Menzerna but wanted a clear response.

As far as price, its $17 for 16oz when I see others such as M105/205 sell for ~$30 for 32oz and Menzerna ~$45-$50 for 32oz (except Superfinish4500 which is $35 for 32oz)...so price wise its about in the range with other popular compound/polishes...Menzerna is just more expensive than most, they are the wolfgang of compound/polishes

Post Thanks / Like

okay thanks, when you say better products, can you tell me what you use and feel is best, I am guessing you mean Menzerna but wanted a clear response.

As far as price, its $17 for 16oz when I see others such as M105/205 sell for ~$30 for 32oz and Menzerna ~$45-$50 for 32oz (except Superfinish4500 which is $35 for 32oz)...so price wise its about in the range with other popular compound/polishes...Menzerna is just more expensive than most, they are the wolfgang of compound/polishes
    Sorry about the price comment, I get mine from a wholesaler for much less. I didn't think about that before I made the comment. These days I love using SMAT products, but when I do want a DAT product I reach for Menzerna. Sip is great as is 106fa.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it SMAT/DAT?
    I have used V36 and V38, very good products. I got no dusting from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Sorry about the price comment, I get mine from a wholesaler for much less. I didn't think about that before I made the comment. These days I love using SMAT products, but when I do want a DAT product I reach for Menzerna. Sip is great as is 106fa.
    no problem about the price, thanks for the reply and information. I take your comments seriously because I think you are a fantastic detailer, one of the best I've seen on this forum, like you--when I need a SMAT I get the 105/205 (I don't think there is any other SMATS except for Meguiars???) and DAT I hear Menzerna is great but never tried it. Reason being it's pricey but I hear its worth it which I don't doubt due to all the great reviews. I want to eventually get one of each Menzerna but as I only do my own car so its hard to justify the cost. I still have ~25oz of both 105/205, in your opinion is there any reason to grab a Menzerna polish vs a M105/205?

Post Thanks / Like

no problem about the price, thanks for the reply and information. I take your comments seriously because I think you are a fantastic detailer, one of the best I've seen on this forum, like you--when I need a SMAT I get the 105/205 (I don't think there is any other SMATS except for Meguiars???) and DAT I hear Menzerna is great but never tried it. Reason being it's pricey but I hear its worth it which I don't doubt due to all the great reviews. I want to eventually get one of each Menzerna but as I only do my own car so its hard to justify the cost. I still have ~25oz of both 105/205, in your opinion is there any reason to grab a Menzerna polish vs a M105/205?
    The Optimum compounds and polishes are SMAT as well
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the kind words! The way I look at it, if you're only doing your own vehicle, and M105/M205 gets you the results you're after, there is no reason to buy more polishes. If you branch out and start doing family and friends cars, I would say give some other polishes a try, but for now I think you're fine. The M105/M205 combo is a great all around combo, that works on most finishes. That said I would be more than happy to send you some samples of the Menzerna polishes. Just shoot me your address in a PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast