autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars,Wash and Wax, whats the difference ?

Meguiars ultimate wash and wax 48oz $12.

Meguiars flagship wash and wax 32oz $22

1.I am having a hard time picking out a wash and wax mix mixture that can be used on a boat and a vehicle in the summer time for a quick wash.
    2. The biggest difference, that I can tell is the price between the items ?
    3. Does anybody make there own wash and wax mixture that works really good ?
    4. what is your favorite Wash and Wax Combo ?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars,Wash and Wax, whats the difference ?

The Ultimate Wash and Wax is for cars and trucks. The Flagship Wash and Wax is for boats. Never used either but I am assuming the Flagship Wash and Wax is stronger and possibly could strip the wax on your vehicle. I may be wrong though.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

One thing not talked about with UWW is the fact that once you do a final rinse, very little water is left on the car making drying a breeze...like having a built in drying agent. I think Meg's gold class car wash gets all the kudos but UWW has it's place for those who want a just waxed "look" without actually having to apply one. Most consumers are happy with that. Remember who the target audience is.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    One thing not talked about with UWW is the fact that once you do a final rinse, very little water is left on the car making drying a breeze...likens like having a built in drying agent. I think Meg's gold class car wash gets all the kudos but UWW has it's place for those who want a just waxed "look" without actually having to apply one. Most consumers are happy with that. Remember who the target audience is.
    Good info John. This is news to me, and as your mentioned, the less water that is on the car the quicker it is to dry.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Ultimate wash and wax is in my opinion the worst product I've used and I have used A LOT. Just trying to save you the trouble. If you want wax with your wash get dodo juice sour power. The cost is higher but I would pay that way before I would ever use UWW again.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Ultimate wash and wax is in my opinion the worst product I've used and I have used A LOT. Just trying to save you the trouble. If you want wax with your wash get dodo juice sour power. The cost is higher but I would pay that way before I would ever use UWW again.
    Coming from you, that means A LOT! I have now locked it into my memory banks to never use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you explain further.... Very curious why you say that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fredcandetail View Post
    Can you explain further.... Very curious why you say that
    CeeDog-

I think I asked you on an earlier post for more info about your opinion on UWW but I don't think you ever replied to that question... I'm curious what you don't like about it also, because I have UWW and Gold Class, and I don't really see much difference between them, and I like them both.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found Meg's UWW to leave a film on glass that makes it horrible for night time driving. It is really noticable after a few washes with this product. That same film also builds up on your paint and ever so slightly dulls the paint. Repeated use in this product only multiplies these problems IME. I also suggest spending your money on a different product!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have found Meg's UWW to leave a film on glass that makes it horrible for night time driving. It is really noticable after a few washes with this product. That same film also builds up on your paint and ever so slightly dulls the paint. Repeated use in this product only multiplies these problems IME. I also suggest spending your money on a different product!
    Exactly!
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast