autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Next set of detailing classes?

Hi there, I was looking to see when the next set of Sat-Sun detailing classes were going to be and how much the classes actually are, other than the $30 registration fee. THANKS!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next set of detailing classes?

101 is $100...102 is $150 I believe. Last I heard the dates are not set yet. I'm waiting on them also.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much! Hopefully they will post some, I'm dying to go!

Mike Phillips

That's another thing on my to-do list... scheduling the next set of classes. It's not as easy as it sounds because there's a lot on the schedule in the next few weeks and months...

The good news is I'm doing a final proofread of the e-book and I'm almost done. Once I'm done with writing all the text I get to move it off my desk and onto Yancy's desk where he'll digitize it.

So next week sometime I should have the dates for the next classes scheduled.

It's going to be pretty hard to beat the last two classes as they really set a high standard. In all the years I taught the Detailing 101 and 102 classes for Meguiar's in SoCal we never had back to back black cars like these for students to machine polish and even wetsand as it relates to the GT)

Pictures & Comments from July 9th, 2011 Saturday Detailing 101

1962 Cadillac Convertible

Pictures & Comments from July 10th, 2011 Sunday Detailing 102 - Advanced Class

1971 GTO

Mike Phillips

Upcoming Detailing Classes
    If you want to be notified of our next set of detailing classes, send an e-mail to

Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net

Please put Class Request in the subject line.

I take these e-mails and place them in a folder and immediately after the dates are set in concrete and send everyone an e-mail.

This e-book has been a major undertaking but I think it's some of my best work and it's laying a foundation for the series.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How would a person with no 'real' experience feel in the class? I want to go in with an open mind and yield to everything being taught. However, my fiance and I haven't truly detailed before. So we're hoping to learn quite a bit.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bshattuck87 View Post
    How would a person with no 'real' experience feel in the class? I want to go in with an open mind and yield to everything being taught. However, my fiance and I haven't truly detailed before. So we're hoping to learn quite a bit.

You'll love these classes.

I've had little kids, elderly people and everyone in-between go through both classes and the feedback I've received is always overwhelmingly positive.

The Detailing 101 is completely geared towards people new to machine polishing or anyone that wants to check out all the different types of polishers before picking their first machine.

By the way, most of the people that attended the above two classes were either new to machine polishing or looking to increase their experience with other tools. I don't think any of the guys that attended the 102 class had ever done any wetsanding ever, nor used rotary buffers.

Back to the e-book...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to take the class. I might have to see if I can make arrangements next time

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I've just about decided that you host these classes to get free labor keeping these beautiful cars beautiful. How else can you get 20 capable guys/girls to help you out?

Jenn

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jenn1270;516246]Mike,

I've just about decided that you host these classes to get free labor keeping these beautiful cars beautiful. How else can you get 20 capable guys/girls to help you out?

Jenn

I was beginning to think the same thing half way through Sunday. We worked eight hours each day with a couple of short breaks. It was an incredible experience and we learned a lot, but it was hard work. I would go back in a heartbeat.
    The most important part of the class to me was the opportunity to use various machines. I went to Stuart thinking I would be buying a Flex 3401 and would NEVER use a rotary. After using the Flex PE 14-2, I came home and ordered one. I will finally get to use it this weekend in my paralegal's car.
    If you have a chance to go to the classes, I strongly recommend it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast