autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First Time Flex user

I am a part-time / weekend detailer and for the past two years or so have not been doing much or spending any time lurking here. After using up most of my old products....I logged on to pick up some stuff and quickly noticed the new Flex and had to have one. It came in the mail yesterday and I was able to try it out today...

WOW, OMG and OMFG......I love it!

I pulled a 2003 Ford Crown Vic cruiser in the shop that has never seen a polish or even a wax job for that matter. As a long time PC user, I was extremely happy with the Flex. The learning curve coming from the PC was 0%. I used Menzerna IP with an orange LC and followed up with Wolfgang FG on a white LC. The Flex tackled this swirled finish in half of the time it would have taken me with the PC with outstanding results.

Anyone who is on the fence of which machine to buy.....FLEX hands down

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Time Flex user

Flex makes some of the finest equipment and the Flex 3401 is no exception. I was equally impressed when I used mine for the first time too!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Would you all say a flex DA is first DA appropriate? I am debating on skipping a GG or PC and just going all the way. Save money in the long run type deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown287 View Post
    Would you all say a flex DA is first DA appropriate? I am debating on skipping a GG or PC and just going all the way. Save money in the long run type deal.
    After recently making the jump, I say yes. If your worried just start on the slow speed since it will still do some correcting with the forced rotation. The difference is night and day in time and results so take the plunge.
    Famous last words of a redneck- "Hold my beer, watch this "

Post Thanks / Like

Three (3) times now I've missed AG's free shipping. Had to leave the house today a bit before 3pm. Got home at 5:55pm with just 5 minutes left on the free shipping sale. Cracks me up.

Anyway, it's not so much the money saving in the long run type deal for me. It's the time saved using the Flex that I hear people talking about. If the Flex can cut finish time by half over any of the other DA's then it seems like the most logical choice. I don't know...I'm going to pull the trigger on something shortly.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you all say a flex DA is first DA appropriate?
    Absolutely!

Just start off slow.....Polishing pad and mild polish and work your way up.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love my 3401. I come from the "patient" approach as I used my non-XP PC for the past 7 years. The power and speed of 3401 is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Three (3) times now I've missed AG's free shipping. Had to leave the house today a bit before 3pm. Got home at 5:55pm with just 5 minutes left on the free shipping sale. Cracks me up.
    I believe you can use the Autogeek forum code AGO to get free shipping on orders over $95. It's rare to get a "percent off" coupon that applies to polishers - it does happen from time to time though.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that the so to speak correction time being cut down is false, but so many of you are switching.......PC to Flex. A well knowledgeable buddy of mine on this forum has told me that I shouldn't expect anything more from the flex than my current pc xp.
    "A swirl is a swirl no matter what way you look at it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigaizsosexy View Post
    I've heard that the so to speak correction time being cut down is false, but so many of you are switching.......PC to Flex. A well knowledgeable buddy of mine on this forum has told me that I shouldn't expect anything more from the flex than my current pc xp.
    Having used both* on the same horrible surface I disagree. Effort and time to correct were drastically shortened.

*The PC was a 7336 not the XP version but still comparable.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

One note I would like to mention is that I can't for the life of me figure out the complaints about the Flex "walking". It is the most stable piece I have ever used. I have tried to make it walk and only can duplicate when holding it in one hand arm almost fully extended and tipping it dramatically to the side. What am I missing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast