autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the best for beginner?

I read alot of reviews and threads and tried Griots garage and found majority of these buffers size, make are very similar. My question is what is the main advantage of 1 over the other? Example what is the advantage of Griot's 6" buffer compared to Porter, Flex? It appears as far as starters with a buffer foam pads (according to Griots) don't burn the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the best for beginner?

Probably and impossible question to answer because it will be personal opinion. What's the difference? The Griot's and PC are DA's with an unforced rotation. They will stop spinning if you apply too much pressure or you hold them at an angle. The Griot's has a bit more power and the PC is a higher build quality. The Flex has a forced rotation so it will not stop spinning regardless of pressure or angle of attack. The Griot's and PC are cheaper than the Flex. Small 4" pads are available for the DA's but not the Flex. Now, pick your poison based on what you need and like.

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From my personal experience I didn't like the Griots machine I like the porter cable better and the Flex just blows them both out of the water........ Pretty much with the Griots, PC, and the Flex the only way you can damage your paint is if you throw the machine at the car lol. If you have the funds do the Flex for sure!! You won't be sorry you did and it does more correction work than them combined. I know some detailers that went from using a rotary to using the flex just becasue of ease of use so you will not "grow out" of the Flex like you will very quickly with the Griots or the PC.
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Post Thanks / Like

Dave

Black is not a color, it's a part time job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets @Poorboy'sWorld View Post
    From my personal experience I didn't like the Griots machine I like the porter cable better and the Flex just blows them both out of the water........ Pretty much with the Griots, PC, and the Flex the only way you can damage your paint is if you throw the machine at the car lol. If you have the funds do the Flex for sure!! You won't be sorry you did and it does more correction work than them combined. I know some detailers that went from using a rotary to using the flex just becasue of ease of use so you will not "grow out" of the Flex like you will very quickly with the Griots or the PC.

:dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many variables including price and budget. I might suggest considering a Random Orbital Buffer, 5.5 Hydro tech pads, and a 5 inch backing plate. Add some great polishes like Wolfgang, Menzerna, or Megs.

Scott