autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So THEE day has finally arrived, Sunday was changed to TunedayFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!️ Great weather and earlier arrival made for a great install, plus my buddy had ZERO issues with anything, as expected From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So here's a run down of what was swapped out/added to the EN today:

-N Performance intake, an OEM option in S. Korea through their dealerships. It hosts a larger intake pipe, large cylindrical K&N-type air filter that simply twists out for easy cleaning. Speaking of cleaning, it also has a window for viewing the filter for when it needs to be cleanedFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

-Shark Racing turbo inlet pipe. This is a larger TIP to improve air flow which has a high quality ceramic coating, VERY nice piece without a doubtFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

-MSD perf coils. These meet or exceed OEM specs and when asking for more performance it's a great idea to keep that spark STRONG and that what you get here, well respected name in the industry! These are nice pieces which are red capped but sadly, aren't going to be seen as the engine cover WILL BE staying on, I mean look at that ugly engine under there From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

-NGK colder spark plugs. These are required for the ECU tune. The OEM plugs were also NGK, another well respected name in the industry.

-Mobil 1 0w40 oil and K&N oil filter. Now my "tune up" kit had oil included in it but it's 5w40 and since we're going into fall/winter I opted for 0w. The tuner got back to me a little late and said I could've ran 0w30 for winter, no worries as it's still 0w.

-N75 ECU tune...last but certainly NOT least! I opted for Stage 1, basically "OEM+" IMO. No more stupid "octane learning", the main reason for this in all honestly! I run Shell V-power, 93 octane and this takes full advantage of the smart enthusiast who knows to run 93 octane in a perf car!!

Another great feature is how it leans out the rich tuning Hyundai does from the factory, thus giving you a smoother running engine AND better mpgs, I already saw a gain on the freeway but a true test will be coming up soon enough (yeah I'm the dork who cares about mpgs in my tuned car, sue meFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!)

All safety features as far as parameters stay in place here as well, these guys know what they're doing without a doubtFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Now that you know a little bit about the parts, let's talk numbers. Per N75's website and surely input from customers, this tune alone makes 295 whp/310 wtq (latter IIRC) and with the addition of my N Performance intake and Shark Racing turbo inlet pipe, according to N75, I should be at 300 whp/330wtq . Well my buddy's EN w/ more miles than mine and same trans put down 277 whp and 283 whp w/ NGS, torque was 283/289 (w/NGS). Oh and btw NGS is the red button on the steering wheel (DCT cars) that puts the EN into "overboost" for 20 seconds, a feature that's been disabled w/ the Stage 1 ECU tune from N75, don't need it anymore according to them.

So onto the results aka the "butt dyno"! Well after we cycled the new ECU tune through, let it run to make sure all was good, my buddy and I took it out for a "shakedown" run, here...we...goFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Once we had a good stretch of open road I just nailed it...20 psi held, dropping for a second to 19 psi during shifts and back to 20 psi and it absolutely pins you into the seat! I could feel the traction through the steering wheel but it was NEVER unsafe, even my buddy Hectour could feel it through the chassis over in the passenger seat, thank God my buddy Marsin swapped IN those Powerflex bushings, LOL.

While out we rolled up on a S/C'd S4, I paced him and nothing, well, until I started to turn and then he floors it right by us, guess I lost that oneFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

From a slow roll, like 20 mph, it spins the tires but not horribly, atleast it didn't feel like it so again, the Powerflex bushes paying dividends. Btw, the 2024 EN's are supposed to have upgraded bushes, hmmm, what a concept.

Now I haven't tested launch control yet and I don't expect things to be good here, more power should just make them spin more and quite possibly "wheelhop" worse because they did just that when I tried launching it w/no aids AND NGS turned on, just spun and wheelhopped...this was yesterdayFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! Oh well, this isn't a drag car but we shall see...once "just to see".

I will be dynoing the EN next month, same place my buddy Marsin dyno'd his EN during the spring. Soeaking of him, he's going a slightly different route with his ENFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

He's opted for the Stillen TruControl piggyback tune. This unit has dyno'd 50 whp/55 wtq per the dyno Stillen used. He's also opted for the Stillen cat-back, a 3" mid-pipe and 2.5" axle-back portion and their specific perf muffler. This system dyno'd 14 whp/14 wtq but that was on a stock car, not tuned and don't think combined it's going to make 64 whp/69 wtq, just doesn't work like thatFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !! I'm curious to hear this system because the stock exhaust is AMAZING as you guys probably knowFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

So here's pics of the process and a few of "Hectour's Lair", a great garage...check it out and comment and/or ask questions From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Jayfro, Big Dave, DFB, BudgetPlan1, SNP209 and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Congrats, Klasse! Enjoy those performance upgrades. Those red coil packs ARE sexy.

Pardon me if I missed it but any intercooler plans to upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Congrats, Klasse! Enjoy those performance upgrades. Those red coil packs ARE sexy.

Pardon me if I missed it but any intercooler plans to upgrade?
    For the N75 Stage 1 ECU tune it isn't called for. FWIW the EN FMIC is engineered pretty well.

5. Thanks Paul A. thanked for this post
    Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Such a cool experience and just the process alone is a journey. Enjoy, once you get the bug to mod it can get more and more expensive, just like detailing

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy the new HP. May I ask why you went with Mobil 1 over something like AmsOil Signature? That’s all I run in my cars and it is always an annual expense since we don’t drive our vehicles very much and from what I’ve read, amsoil is some of the best out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    Congrats! Such a cool experience and just the process alone is a journey. Enjoy, once you get the bug to mod it can get more and more expensive, just like detailing
    Well your right, it's been about 10 years since I got this close with mods. My blue ES has an enclosed intake, catchcan & axle-back as far as perf mods, this was a bit moreFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

There's a couple more things on the back burner, namely exhaust. Now yes, this car sounds GREAT stock, they enhanced the cracks and pops a little with this tune, nothing crazy but I like it but my buddy just ordered the Stillen cat-back (3" mid-pipe/2.5" axle-back and their perf muffler) and I'm REALLY curious to hear it. It makes 14 whp/14 wtq on a stock car. He's also ordered the Stillen TruControl piggyback as well. This gives you 50 whp/55 wtq, more gains than mine per the dyno but we'll see.

Other than the exhaust, a catchcan will probably end up on the car and maybe the fuel pump, doesn't need it but it's "cheap insurance" as they sayFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the progress info/pics!!! I agree with Paul, those MSD coil packs look great!

Sounds like you got just what you were looking for, and be good to see how she runs in some cooler weather this fall and how you like it! And...I want to hear how launch control does/0-60!

And, cool garage! LOVE his RX7!!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Thanks for the progress info/pics!!! I agree with Paul, those MSD coil packs look great!

Sounds like you got just what you were looking for, and be good to see how she runs in some cooler weather this fall and how you like it! And...I want to hear how launch control does/0-60!

And, cool garage! LOVE his RX7!!
    I can't wait till his Rx-7 is back on the road, next spring for sure but could be running this fall. Car should be making 250 hp and weighs 2300 lbs...oh yeah, will be getting a 6 spd from an RX8From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!From "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

The colder weather will be VERY interesting for sure and the first launch using its launch control is going to be VERY interesting as well, I'm kinda scared to be honest🫣

Post Thanks / Like

Found this while surfing the N75 siteFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!️Not sure why he's not running colder plugs but those times are w/o Powerflex bushings too, crazyFrom "stay tuned" to T U N E D !!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Interested to see the dyno, 0-60 and 1/4 mile time. At least it sounds like you plan to run it once?

That Kona is ripping btw. Cool vehicles, the entire N vehicle lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast