autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Baked on Bugs, what to do?

I'v got stubbourn bugs like this on my G35, and the G35x that is currently in my garage for the weekend for a detail.

I tried enzeit when I first washed the car, but the bugs are just too deep. Not really sure what might take them off. Scrub with the clay bar? Or hit them with a buffer?? Any suggestions would help!
    2008 Infiniti G35S 6MT Sedan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Baked on Bugs, what to do?

One step cleaner wax has always worked for me. A very light polish by hand should work.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Meguiars Super DeGreaser along with a bug sponge. It worked great for me.

Start with the clay, then move on to a polish if needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the cleaner wax and it seemed to get most of them off. There are still a few stubborn guys though that aren't giving in...

Post Thanks / Like

Id clay it.

Post Thanks / Like

definite clay job first. if the bugs stained then some polishing may be in order.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rinse the front end, then spray straight Castrol Super Clean on there and then scrub with a soft brisseled brush using soapy water as extra lubricant. If this doesn't get them off, they are there to stay. You could very well need the front clip repainted if you want it looking back new. Its vital to remove bugs a.s.a.p. to avoid these situations

Flash
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

If you have Optimum Power Clean (OPC) and a bug sponge, try that. Let OPC dwell for 30-45 seconds, on a cool panel and away from sunlight, soak the bug sponge with OPC and give it a couple passes. That may work.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

^Just went out and tried that and damn, i need a dedicated bug spong. I used an old mitt I had laying around that had a bug side on it and it must have been dirty or something because i added a CRAP load of hairline scratches across the hood lol. I sat there for 20 minutes with some ScratchX polishing them out so that it wouldn't bother me through the night. I must add though, that the OPC got most of the bugs off! The only ones left are super baked in and are definitely not coming out. 90% of them are cleaned off though so I feel much better. Tomorrow I begin polishing the car and will hopefully finish then I can post up my write up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeG View Post
    ^Just went out and tried that and damn, i need a dedicated bug spong. I used an old mitt I had laying around that had a bug side on it and it must have been dirty or something because i added a CRAP load of hairline scratches across the hood lol. I sat there for 20 minutes with some ScratchX polishing them out so that it wouldn't bother me through the night. I must add though, that the OPC got most of the bugs off! The only ones left are super baked in and are definitely not coming out. 90% of them are cleaned off though so I feel much better. Tomorrow I begin polishing the car and will hopefully finish then I can post up my write up!
    For the more stubborn bugs, I sometimes use my fingernail. I carefully and gently go over the bug remains until I remove most, if not all of it. Do you run the risk of inducing swirls, yes, but they're light and easily removable with Swirlx.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast