autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: slow :/

Post Thanks / Like

slow :/

Business is slow, only did a few family and friends cars this month. I'm dissapointed that word of mouth is spreading as fast, or even at all for that matter, as I would like it to. I don't advertise much, craiglists at most for now. I'm working on a website that I'll be able to link to places soon and put on business cards, but for the mean time, how do those rectangular lawn signs sound? I see a lot of new business using them to advertise around town, no clue how convincing and worthy they are of fresh business. If anyone has any tips or input with them let me know as I am stuck without work for now
    It's never too late to learn a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: slow :/

I would recommend using lawn sign when working. A lot of people are shy and won't ask if your a detailer if they think you just doing a friends car. I recently did a TL and got 2-3 people asking for my # because they have cars that needs work done. I have haven't used lawn signs but it will def help when your detailing someone's car.

As long as you do good work and the owner of the cars sees it, the word of mouth is very strong and will be picking up in no time.

You can also post in other forums in regions section and spam other forum with pics and your contact info.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

You can't solely rely on word of mouth. If you aren't advertising, then of course business will be slow. If you have a Facebook acc. then you should post your services there. I posted on my own page, and I have received many inquiries and future jobs (when the rain stops). I'm sure if you give it a little more effort, you'll get the business. Hopefully this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

A website is a fairly cheap and easy way to get yourself some looks. My website is my biggest sales pitch. Most my customers call me already knowing exactly what they want. It's a must have IMO.

You could make some brochures or flyers and hit the streets too. That works pretty well. Hit up some dealerships if you want volume over price. They won't pay you much, but it gives you something to do in the mean time, and you get a little cash in the process.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input, I'm a student so the money on advertisements is a gamble. I'll hopefully have my website set up within the week or so, as well as the lawn signs around town so I'll keep you guys informed how things work out. If anyone has any other input Im very open to ideas, thanks!
    It's never too late to learn a little.