autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with experience with the detailing caddy or Boss waterless?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the auto detailing caddy (google it or pm me if not familiar) or the BOSS waterless wash system (sold by chemical guys)? It seems like a lot of people in California are using them because of water run off restrictions but it seems like they would be a worth while investment if you get a lot of business washing cars in volume, maintenance washes, or even a "going green" alternative for those customers that care as well as set you apart from "the other guys." This could also be a good alternative for winter washes instead of ONR, although I am curious as to how it would perform on a really dirty car.

I am interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

*edit - links removed. -Matt
    Last edited by wrxwagon; 01-13-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone with experience with the detailing caddy or Boss waterless?

Looks like a water-less(less water used) but I would want to play with one before I tossed $400 on one. It seems like they have just taken the idea of the hand sprayer and figured out how to make it $400 easier.

I don't do this for a living but isn't this the same way any of the ONR type products work? Maybe one of the pro's will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the detailing caddy from PailPal. I love mine. PailPal's comes with a very nice bucket and a DirtDobber which IMO is superior to a Grit Guard. The bucket has a superior foam hand grip. IMO ONR is as good as it gets for a low water wash and $400 yields 1280 washes at full price! Just my $.02 FWIW.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jons6.7 View Post
    Looks like a water-less(less water used) but I would want to play with one before I tossed $400 on one. It seems like they have just taken the idea of the hand sprayer and figured out how to make it $400 easier.

I don't do this for a living but isn't this the same way any of the ONR type products work? Maybe one of the pro's will chime in.
    It seems like the pressurized hand sprayer would be better for the enthusiast, but for the professional that washes a lot of cars it seems like a really efficient way to do things without having to fill up and pump the sprayer. If you watch the video on the detail caddy website where he is putting it all together, it looks like it would be pretty easy to make yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    I bought the detailing caddy from PailPal. I love mine. PailPal's comes with a very nice bucket and a DirtDobber which IMO is superior to a Grit Guard. The bucket has a superior foam hand grip. IMO ONR is as good as it gets for a low water wash and $400 yields 1280 washes at full price! Just my $.02 FWIW.

I have never seen one of those Dirt Droppers before and it does look superior to the Grit Guard. If anything it is more versatile. Thanks for telling me about them, I might pick one up in the future.