autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question How to remove touch up paint

Alright, I did some searching and came up with nothing.... On one of my cars sense we bought it 3 years ago. There is touch up paint on 3 spots, they have been there sense then... outside 24/7 etc.... thing is. it looks sooo bad, then made brush strokes just over the entire area, so say the scratch was like a pen line width, it has about a 1/4 of an inch around it of touch up paint. I want to know a at home method to take care of this without having to order anything off of the internet, there is a product that is used for this I already read all about that. I dont want to pay $40 for 2oz. of product not including shipping on just a chance, I did read about laquir thinner applied by a q-tip and not left to absorb could work. I was just looking for anyones re-actions to this, and some input, I have tried sanding and what not but that is just not for me I can be honest and I am too scared to keep sanding.
    Working on a new sig..... still working....... if only it was as easy as buffing out swirls is...... Brad is my name.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove touch up paint

Quote Originally Posted by kimandbrad21 View Post
    Alright, I did some searching and came up with nothing.... On one of my cars sense we bought it 3 years ago. There is touch up paint on 3 spots, they have been there sense then... outside 24/7 etc.... thing is. it looks sooo bad, then made brush strokes just over the entire area, so say the scratch was like a pen line width, it has about a 1/4 of an inch around it of touch up paint. I want to know a at home method to take care of this without having to order anything off of the internet, there is a product that is used for this I already read all about that. I dont want to pay $40 for 2oz. of product not including shipping on just a chance, I did read about laquir thinner applied by a q-tip and not left to absorb could work. I was just looking for anyones re-actions to this, and some input, I have tried sanding and what not but that is just not for me I can be honest and I am too scared to keep sanding.
    check with Perfections and see what worked for him - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-up-paint.html
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I cannot do much right tonight. I kept searching and searching but I couldn't find anything. Thank you for the reply I will try to look some more into this.
    Working on a new sig..... still working....... if only it was as easy as buffing out swirls is...... Brad is my name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimandbrad21 View Post
    Wow I cannot do much right tonight. I kept searching and searching but I couldn't find anything. Thank you for the reply I will try to look some more into this.
    yeah it's ok. i knew that topic because i previously replied in it and had it in my subscribed threads.

most of the time, when the average joe applies touch up paint he doesn't prep very well. so, many times, a few passes with an orange pad on a DA with some polish will remove it because it never really adhered well to the area. sometimes you will luck out and the excess paint will be removed except the paint inside the defect. that will yield something that looks many times better than what was there.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.