autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best wax to use in HOT Florida sun?

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Shine View Post
    Liquid Souveran would be good in the sun. It's my go to wax!
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    souveran and pinnacle sig series 2 are great waxes. but need to be reappled avery few weeks. but there so darn easy to apply you wont mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
    I'm in S Fl I use WGPS
    All good Fla choices!

Post Thanks / Like

My cars are seeing 102-105F temps in the Dallas area. I use sealants....UPGP, 4Star UPP and Menzerna PL....all good choices IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again, for all of the input. Like I said, I am very new at all of this. I have a Google education on detailing cars. Everyone knows Google's information can be a little scattered at times. I've also noticed with Google, it will answer every question except for the one your asking, anyone else have this problem?. I am a stay at home mother, I have been detailing cars for a hobby, now for almost two years. So since I am not working on my own car, sealing it every two weeks will not work. Sometimes, I only work on the same cars every 6 months. So is there anything, and or series of things, that will work amazingly and also last? I once heard of using a silicone wax here in the heat. Does anybody know what this is?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the best product for hot sun. I was also looking for a good easy on/off product that lasts long and does well in the sun for the roof of my 2010 GMC Savana van.
    I bought Finish Kare 1000P. Goes on and off great lasts a long time and is a product designed specifically for hot temps.

It is great all around wax and is great for hot roofs and lasts forever. 4-6+ months.
    I also use KAIO and KSG for the sides of my van but put the FK1000P on the roof and hood. I use a wheelchair so I can do the hood/sides and I get someone else to do the van roof. I wanted them to have the easiest to use product that lasts the longest and I found the FK.

Give it a try.

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 08-06-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1flyfisher View Post
    Here is the best product for hot sun. I was also looking for a good easy on/off product that lasts long and does well in the sun for the roof of my 2010 GMC Savana van.
    I bought Finish Kare 1000P. Goes on and off great lasts a long time and is a product designed specifically for hot temps.

It is great all around wax and is great for hot roofs and lasts forever. 4-6+ months.
    I also use KAIO and KSG for the sides of my van but put the FK1000P on the roof and hood. I use a wheelchair so I can do the hood/sides and I get someone else to do the van roof. I wanted them to have the easiest to use product that lasts the longest and I found the FK.

Give it a try.

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax
    I have FK1000P, and while it really brings clarity and makes metallic pop, I think it's a paint to apply and remove. I really don't like using it for that reason.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

1flyfisher - I looked at the product information for this, it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

Everyone else - I'm still open for ideas, I always looking for a better way!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax View Post
    My cars are seeing 102-105F temps in the Dallas area. I use sealants....UPGP, 4Star UPP and Menzerna PL....all good choices IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I'd go with a sealant. WGDGPS, Duragloss 105, Menzerna Powerlock, Four Star UPP to name a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    ive heard great things about menzerna powerlock..i might use this as my winter lsp...as for summer i use carnuaba waxes
    Menzerna powerlock, keeps coming up! Whats the durability on this product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
    I'm in S Fl I use WGPS
    What is WGPS?

Nevermind, I get it now!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Any reason you are looking specifically for a wax. Have you considered a sealant? Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant looks great and has much better durability than a nuba. Also you may want to look at Collinite 845 insulator wax, great durability and withstands high temps as well...

By the way to AGO!
    Thanks, for the welcome! If I were to use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant, would or should I use Collinite 845, as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Carnaubas still last a little while but to answer your question a paint sealants melting point is quite a bit higher. Usually around 350 degrees if I understand correctly.

I read that the hybrids melting points are around 200 degrees. I also read that carnauba wax melting points are around 180 and depending on the added solvents or other types of waxes like beeswax it could be as low as 130. From what I understand it is at these temperatures that the product in question becomes temporarily soft enough to be easily washed off.

So any way I think most waxes are going to last a little while as long as you don't let them sit in the sun and then start washing them while the paint is super hot.
    Your information was super helpful! I am a newbie and I literally thought "nuba" waxes melted off of the car. So much more to learn!
    Last edited by AutoClean; 08-06-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast