autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by danponjican View Post
    I traded my wife's 2008 Honda Accord for a 2011 Sonata in Indigo Blue Pearl on Saturday. I pick it up tonight. The quality and equipment on these cars blow away what I have held as the norm... Honda, Toyota better watch out. Or better yet, they need not watch out... they need to wake up. Hyundai has passed them in my books. It just a matter of time now until brand loyalty wears off for the leaders and people start looking at these cars.
    agreed, but many are stuck on the "old" perception of Hyundai (do people honestly think they weren't going to improve?), and people just don't "know" yet. in the july 2010 issues of both car & driver and motor trend they had face offs/showdowns and guess who ranked on top of both... yes, Hyundai.

Car & Driver contenders... Hyundai Genesis 3.8, Lexus ES350, Buick LaCrosse CXS, Ford Taurus Limited. Possible and Grand Total points is 240.

Hyundai Genesis 3.8 - 205
    Lexus ES350 - 192
    Buick Lacrosse CXS - 186
    Ford Taurus Limited 183

Motor Trend showdown contenders... Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track, Ford Mustang V-6, Chevrolet Camaro RS, Dodge Challenger SE.

1st Place - Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track "The one that looks and feels like a sports car. Surprise, we liked it best".

2nd Place - Ford Mustang V-6
    3rd Place - Chevrolet Camaro RS
    4th Place - Dodge Challenger SE

btw... congrats on the new ride!

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 2008 sonta i use for customer loaner car for my repair shop

Post Thanks / Like

That v-6 comparo was dumb, the Genesis cost as much a 5.0 Mustang (don't get me wrong, I like the Gensis coupe a lot, but it won't hold a candle to a v-8 mustang). If they come out with the Sonata wagon here, that'll definately be a car I'd look at getting (I have a thing for wagons). I'd take a Hyundai or Kia over Toyota any day.

Post Thanks / Like

if someone is looking for the sonata's little brother, then the Elantra (very nice looking IMO) would be a good choice (at a dealership soon near you). looks alot nicer than most of the cars in it's segment...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvSYYhn_yqA&feature=related]YouTube - Roadfly.com - 2011 Hyundai Elantra[/video]
    Last edited by VISITOR; 11-24-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

They had an Equs at the Tulsa Auto Show, definitely was impressive. Hyundai and Ford are really coming along strong.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Hyundai Excel in 1988. Even though the press said that the Hyundai was a piece of junk, my car was great . I used it for my job . It got 24 miles per gallon in city driving, and 55000 miles for the first set of front brakes. Remember all Chicago city driving. The only other thing it needed was a new battery. Yes it was a very good car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    I bought a Hyundai Excel in 1988. Even though the press said that the Hyundai was a piece of junk, my car was great . I used it for my job . It got 24 miles per gallon in city driving, and 55000 miles for the first set of front brakes. Remember all Chicago city driving. The only other thing it needed was a new battery. Yes it was a very good car.
    just think.. that was back then (like you many found them to be good vehicles and let's not forget that even toyota, honda , etc, were laughed and mocked at first too)and fast forward over 20 years later and look at them now (unfortunately, some people to this day are still going to have the mindset that they are junk). did one think they weren't going to improve and learn from their mistakes? LOL, i bet now many auto manufacturers wish they would fall off the face of the earth...

Post Thanks / Like

here's an in-depth review of it in person...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNzXhsY-qZc]YouTube - 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tour[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like their styling (the lines look all wrong). Plus, I'm still drinking that BMW juice.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xeLI3WVXg0&feature=channel]YouTube - Roadfly.com - 2011 Hyundai Equus[/video]

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast