autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl0RsgqYxbs]2015 Hyundai Genesis -- First Drive with Lotus Cars Chief Engineer of Test & Development - YouTube[/video]

was at the hyundai dealership with the nephew getting an oil change and they had just recently got the new 2015 genesis sedan and sitting in it there was plenty of room and felt nice with the arm rest sitting higher than most typical cars (would of like to test drive it, maybe next time). overall, very nice inside and out. the quality is getting better and better and props to Hyundai for continuing to raise the bar for themselves higher and higher...
    Now Hyundai is bringing in Lotus to help tune their large sedan, the Genesis, hmm, bet it trickles down to the coupe' and then the Veloster, look out!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one of the first Genesis' in 2009. It was a V-6 with the Technology
    Package, Lexicon Sound System w/17 speakers. Awesome car, very quiet!! I had the "new winged Genesis emblems", and people would think it was either a "Bentley or Aston Martin"!!
    Handsome car, Hyundai has come a long way!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like how Hyundai changes their front end look every 5-6 yrs, keeping it fresh!

I really wanna see what Lotus does for the handling of their cars down the road, don't really see them lasting too much longer as a company anyways and this isn't the 1st time they've loaned their skills to an Asian company, remember the Lotus-tuned Izusu cars of the early 90's?

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw my first 2015 Hyundai Genesis sedan today and was blown away, looks very majestic on the road, love the front end especially, STUNNING!

Post Thanks / Like
    They are beautiful cars, it was between that and the 300 for me. 470 hp and a much better center stack won me over.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^im a huge fan of the new 300 srt and the 300S. Is the new 300 available with the 5.7L and AWD with the 8 speed? If so, that's when I'd prefer it over the new genesis
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Robert, I read somewhere that the SRT was a failed experiment with Chrysler. They will no longer make SRT vehicles under Chrysler's own brand models such as the 300, however, they will continue SRT with certain Dodge cars and one Jeep model.

I believe this all goes back to the days Mercedes owned Chrysler and they tried to merge SRT with Chrysler, much as they did with their own performance house of AMG. You can get AMG models on just about any Mercedes platform, including SUVs, roadsters, their big saloon family yachts (such as the E and S class), and everything else they sell. This is a great philosophy that has served Mercedes well over the years but it won't work with Chrysler. Mercedes is just that - Mercedes, period, with each class serving a specific purpose. While Chrysler is that plus Dodge plus Jeep with each having to find its own audience and philosophy.

I guess what they want to do now is make their Chrysler branded cars saloon-like (300 akin to S class and 200 akin to E class, etc.) and keep Dodge as their primary SRT performance outlet. That philosophy goes way back to the days Dodge introduced various muscle cars. Jeep keeps one SRT model only because the Grand Cherokee is their absolute hottest seller of all and as such you need to offer it in every possible configuration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    ^^im a huge fan of the new 300 srt and the 300S. Is the new 300 available with the 5.7L and AWD with the 8 speed? If so, that's when I'd prefer it over the new genesis
    So far no AWD and 8 speed. And yes the "SRT" brand is dead. From what I recall at the SRT experience in 2012, Dodge/Chrysler split the SRT group off, kinda like the RAM brand. This year they brought the SRT back in house and it is expected the 300 will lose SRT status. I believe the 5.7 will still be around just no new 6.2l supercharged 300. The 300 was my pick from the line up, if it goes away when it's time to shop again i will pick another brand unless Dodge actually cares about its aftermarket seekers which right now they don't have much interest in. You can buy a CTS-V, swap a pulley and tune it and get insane HP numbers, the new 6.4L took over a year for a tune to be available since they "locked" the PCM and it needed hacked. Now if you could get the Genesis coupe with that monster V8 I'd be all over that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Transmission fluid flush:

http://youtu.be/MsLKNdebB6Q

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful car!

This car here in Brazil it costs a fortune.

What a nice dream would be to have all these beautiful cars from the USA with a fair price here.

Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast