autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

My GTI lease is about over. I was planning on keeping it but I see quite a few 2009 Sonatas for sale with 12-15k miles selling for 13-14k. These are V6, leather etc...With 5yr/60,000 bumper to bumper, how can you go wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that looks killer IMO. They've upped the ante a bit for sure.

Speaking of Hyundai, kid at work just got himself a Genesis Coupe. 2.0 I4, turbo, all sorts of goodies. It's very nice and decently quick. Going to surprise a lot of people when the aftermarket gets in gear.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw one on the turnpike yesterday and it looked like a Jag, funny thing is KIA now has a car that looks just like the Civic! They are both making huge leaps in trying to get up in the front running.

Post Thanks / Like

I had never even thought twice about Hyundai until I got one as a rental car two years ago. I was very surprised by it. For a company that used to be made fun of in the early-90s, they've come a *long* way, especially in the last few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Wow, that looks killer IMO. They've upped the ante a bit for sure.

Speaking of Hyundai, kid at work just got himself a Genesis Coupe. 2.0 I4, turbo, all sorts of goodies. It's very nice and decently quick. Going to surprise a lot of people when the aftermarket gets in gear.
    the nice thing is they encourage tuners for the genesis coupe and i believe there are plenty of aftermarket parts around. there are quite a few nice looking/modded coupes on the gencoupe.com site as well...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6xPZW4rUPM]YouTube - Hyundai Genesis Coupe R Spec @ 2009 SEMA Show[/video]

richy - if i was in the market for a new well priced/equipped sedan, i would be all over the new sonata...

Quote Originally Posted by tcollins33 View Post
    I had never even thought twice about Hyundai until I got one as a rental car two years ago. I was very surprised by it. For a company that used to be made fun of in the early-90s, they've come a *long* way, especially in the last few years.
    all auto manufacturers are going to make mistakes at first and if they don't learn from it and improve, they shouldn't be around. as for being made fun of, guess who's laughing now...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3 View Post
    the Hyundai Equus will be $10,000-$20,000 cheaper than it's competitors and offer just as much or if not more than it's competition (go to youtube and they have lots of reviews and info). this isn't the "old" Hyundai anymore (people need to get that out of their head, even though some will have that mindset no matter what) and they are moving up the ladder so quickly and are a continuing threat to other auto manufacturers (they are no joke anymore). with the economy the way it is, more and more people are realizing that they want more for their $ and Hyundai (who actually cares about their customers) is giving it to them for less. the only thing you basically have to worry about is filling up the gas tank, they pretty much cover the rest. btw, i went to the Hyundai dealership a while ago and checked out the new 2011 Sonata and IMO is a nicer car than the camry or accord. i was impressed...
    +1. Add in Toyota's problems and the timing couldn't be better. I'm not in the market now, but I'd definitely check out the 2011 Sonata. Several years ago, my brother-in-law was stationed in Asia, and when he came back, he told me about the larger Hyundais that he'd seen. I forgot about it until the Genesis showed up here. With Ford and maybe GM refocusing (no pun intended), the car wars are finally starting to heat up. A good thing for us.
    "Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell." ~ Author unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai is on a roll, they redesigned the Avante (Elantra for the US) and it looks just like the new Sonata but in a smaller version...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY8JTIyaXJ0&feature=related]YouTube - New 2011 Hyundai Avante[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

I traded my wife's 2008 Honda Accord for a 2011 Sonata in Indigo Blue Pearl on Saturday. I pick it up tonight. The quality and equipment on these cars blow away what I have held as the norm... Honda, Toyota better watch out. Or better yet, they need not watch out... they need to wake up. Hyundai has passed them in my books. It just a matter of time now until brand loyalty wears off for the leaders and people start looking at these cars.

Post Thanks / Like

What about the new Kia Forte Koup. Doesnt look to bad

The Genesis Coupe with the 2.0T is also bad ass
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

I remember way back when.... When the Hyundai was first introduced. I was a manager at one of their first dealerships in NY. The Hyundai Excel sold or $3695.00. We were working out of a tent while our showroom was still under construction and the customer that purchased one in the morning would come back in the afternoon with a relative who would purchase another. It was a time in automotive history that I am afraid will never be experienced again. The uninhibited buying frenzy that prevailed was unbelievable. Think of it, a brand new car for less than what you would have to pay for a good used car.

I have had the opportunity in my career in the auto industry to experience both ends of the spectrum. I was selling Dodge at the time when Chrysler was going to Washington to secure loan guarantees from the government and the headline in the NY Post was a tombstone with the question inscribed on it "IS CHRYSLER DEAD?". Talk about a hard sell. Yes Hyundai has come a long way since than and the auto industry has gone a long way since than as well. I am glad to no longer be a part of the madness.
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast