autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Alcantra treatment?

Hi guys, my car seats are a mix of alcantra and leather.

I was looking at 7424 accessories today and saw the different upholstery brushes that are available - I was assuming before that I'd have to use an air compressor with an attachment to that, like at the detail shop I used to work at.

So anyways, on my passenger seat, on this alcantra, I've got some unknown dirt/stuff staining the front and some brake fluid staining the seat portion (>.<)

If I was to purchase Grey Ultra Soft Upholstery Brush than what would be a good cleaner to use with the alcantra to clean the seats and get some of those stains off?

I'm not expecting the brake fluid to come out, but I figure a lightening of the stains is better than nothing.

Thanks!

James

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alcantra treatment?

Taken from alcantara dot com

Maintenance / Stain removal

For smaller stains, if specific products are not on hand, follow these instructions.
    - Act immediately, within 30 minutes of the stain's formation.
    - First, remove the substance which has been spilled with a spoon or plastic spatula, if it is dense (yoghurt, jam, etc.), or with a white paper towel or sponge if it is liquid.
    - Never pour the cleaning product directly on the material; rather, use a white cloth or a well-wrung sponge (rinse in clean water each time after wiping and wring out well).
    - Try to reduce the stain by working from the edge towards the centre; do not scrub hard, otherwise it could spread or penetrate more deeply.
    Depending on the type of stain, you can use water, lemon juice, or pure ethyl alcohol (grain alcohol) as a stain removal agent. Please read the treatment instructions below.
    Water-soluble stains:
    - Fruit juice, jam, gelatine, syrup, ketchup: lukewarm water; rinse by blotting with clean water.
    - Blood, egg, feces, urine: cold water (avoid warm water, which could coagulate these substances); rinse by blotting with clean water.
    - Liquor, wine, beer, Coca-Cola, tea: lukewarm water; treat any traces of colour with lemon juice, then rinse well.
    - Copying pencil, cocoa, chocolate, custard and chocolate sweets, ice cream, mustard: lukewarm water; rinse by blotting with clean water.
    - Vinegar, hair gel, tomato sauce, coffee sweetened with sugar: lemon juice, then lukewarm water; rinse by blotting with clean water.
    NON-water-soluble stains:
    - Lipstick, foundation, mascara, eye shadow, perfume, shoe polish, oil and grease, grass stains, markers (including permanent markers): blot with ethyl alcohol, then water, and rinse. Grass and marker stains, especially on light-coloured material, must be treated as soon as possible to keep them from drying.
    - Chewing gum and wax: put ice in a plastic bag and set it on the stain; when the substance hardens, chip it away, then treat with ethyl alcohol.
    Stubborn stains:
    Try repeating the treatments described several times; even stains which are not water-soluble often require subsequent treatment with water.
    Old stains of unknown origin:
    First treat with lukewarm water, then rinse by blotting with clean water.
    If you see the stain begin to dissolve, repeat the treatment; let dry, and if necessary, treat with ethyl alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Do not use the PC7424 and the carpet brush to try to clean up or remove any stains from alcantara. Alcantara is too sensitive and will get raped by a high-rpm carpet brush.
    08 Subaru WRX