autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a symptom of freezing??

I was just wiping down my vehicle today with some Megs QD that I have had lying around since last year. Spray appeared fine but as I start to wipe I am getting fairly large white flecks that sort of stick to the finish. The bottle was kept in the truck over the last few months and I wonder if this is a problem due to freezing over the wnter? Has anyone else had this problem with Megs QD?

Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this a symptom of freezing??

no freezing in Florida ...but sounds like some ingredient hardened or cured in bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    no freezing in Florida ...but sounds like some ingredient hardened or cured in bottle.
    Well, it definitely reached freezing here in Jupiter a couple times this winter. Lost several fruit and vegetable plants. Certainly though, we don't get meat-locker weather to freeze a bottle of QD

For the hell of it on the coldest morning, I took some Meguiars QD and sprayed it on the hood to see if it would freeze. It immediately frosted over and obviously (duh!) couldn't be easily wiped off. The temperature was 34° according to the car, but water begins crystallizing below 40°F or so. Not sure about a QD.

I assume the OP wasn't trying to use the QD near freezing temperatures?

Post Thanks / Like

well does megs QD have any wax in it? could possibly be that since the solution is an oily type mix, and you'll eventually have separation over time( this speeds up i imagine if it were cold too)

Post Thanks / Like

No I was using it in around 50 degree weather but the product was in the vehicle during the winter so with our lovely freezing temps for the last 5 months or so I am sure the product froze at some point.

Pat.
    2006 Black Rav4.

Makita 9227C, UDM, Optimum polishes,Menzerna Power Finish, Pinnacle XMT polishes, Poorboy's Sealant, Collnite Insulator wax, various 4,6.5,and 8 inch CCS pads. Edge pads. Microfiber towels galore. And a big thanks to Meghan for shipping to Walt Disney World.