autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use aquapel?

Just put it on all my cars last month, and we've had some rain here the last couple days. I must say this product is better at doing its job than anything I've ever tried. Highly Recommended.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone use aquapel?

I hate those types of products. When I used to use RainX, I noticed that it produced tons of fog after it stopped raining. Even though the RainX loses its effectiveness over time, the coating is still there and still produces the ridiculous fog, and it is almost impossible to remove.

Just use your windshield wipers.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    I hate those types of products. When I used to use RainX, I noticed that it produced tons of fog after it stopped raining. Even though the RainX loses its effectiveness over time, the coating is still there and still produces the ridiculous fog, and it is almost impossible to remove.

Just use your windshield wipers.
    Well, we feel the same way about RainX

Post Thanks / Like

Iuse it all the time, no issues and great durability

Post Thanks / Like

I too stay away from Rain-X due to the fog or haze the wipers exibit when using in rain. I have not noticed it yet using the new Glass Protectant here but have looked at Aquapel with some interest. How long is the durability, some suggest 60-90 days which seems incorrect for such a price premium and no additional product for reapplication.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I too stay away from Rain-X due to the fog or haze the wipers exibit when using in rain. I have not noticed it yet using the new Glass Protectant here but have looked at Aquapel with some interest. How long is the durability, some suggest 60-90 days which seems incorrect for such a price premium and no additional product for reapplication.
    Longer, I've had it on my van over 9 months and its still working. Even though it's about time for a new application, I still believe it's worth the money.

Post Thanks / Like

What is this "fog" or haze you guys talk about? I have used Rain-X for years on many different vehicles and never had a problem myself. I can't imagine ever driving without it in Florida downpours!

If you guys are running the A/C, is it a meat locker in the car? Sounds like possibly your windshield is condensing momentarily due to the temp/humidity difference after the wiper swipes away the moisture? With Rain-X, you can see how much easier morning dew accumulates.

I know my newer BMW will open up heated defrost vents for the windshield and two front windows as part of the climate control program when it senses rain (ties into auto wiper module on electrical bus). Keeps the windows from fogging up due to a much colder interior temperature and the lovely humid exterior environment when using the A/C. Despite this, I still have never noticed fogging windows because of Rain-X in my older cars and ones with more primitive HVAC systems.

This Aquapel does sound interesting, though. I find that Rain-X isn't effective for more than 2 months or so. But I have never had a problem with that nor it's price ! Doesn't hurt to try new things!

Post Thanks / Like

Thing I hate about rain x is it causes a lot of glare inside the windows at night when you drive under lights, especially the orange light on the highway.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never noticed any of the problems you guys are mentioning about RainX. I have always used it without any problems. My wipers push water away without any haze, streaks or chatter and I have deinitely never noticed any added glare.

With that said, I have also used Aquapel. There are things I like and dislike. The smell is horrible and with take your breath away if you are too close and it is a little more of a PITA to apply and remove than RainX. Plus, it is one application only for a fairly large price. However, once applied, it does a very nice job of repelling water and easily outlasts RainX for a good while.

Basically, I add Aquapel to my wife's car which gets less attention than my Jeep which I have more time to apply RainX on.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about???

Post Thanks / Like

Love Aquapel and here is the best comparison I've seen (RainXvs Aquapel)
    Josh Wardell’s MINI Cooper S » Rain-X vs. Aquapel

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast