autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

LIVE Detailing Class - the GET A NEW CUSTOMER KIT & Polishers for Newbies

LIVE Detailing Class - the GET A NEW CUSTOMER KIT & Polishers for Newbies

>CLICK< the play button at 3:00pm to watch the LIVE Detailing Class via the forum

I teach a LOT of stuff on the Business Aspect of starting and running a car detailing business in my 3-day Detailing Bootcamp classes as well as my 2-Day Roadshow Classes.

Sorry, there is not a "dedicated" day set aside for everyone to sit in a chair and listen while I "talk" about business techniques and practice, that would add another day to the class and another $500.00

Instead, as we move through the on-your-feet, hands-on detailing class AS different business topics apply to the topic being taught in real-time I share it.

It's your job to either remember it or grab your own notebook and write it down.

One of the things I teach for those taking the class that either want to start a detailing business or already have a detailing business is the best practice of always having a

GET A NEW CUSTOMER KIT

Ready to go in your shop or ready to go in your car.

This Thursday at 3:00pm I will share this "best practice" and how to implement it when you meet a potential new customer.l

ALSO

We will also be going over 3 entry level tools and 3 AIO products to use with them.

Porter Cable 7424XP - This is an 8mm Free Spinning Random Orbital Polisher

Meguiar's MT300 - This is an 8mm Free Spinning Random Orbital Polisher

Griot's Garage G9 - This is an 9mm Free Spinning Random Orbital Polisher

These are great entry level tools for absolute newbies that you can cut your detailing teeth on without breaking the bank. And down the road if you decide to get a more expensive tool like a long stroke free spinning polisher or a gear-driven orbital polisher, or even a rotary polisher - any of these 3 tools will still come in handy. In other words, they will COMPLIMENT your next tool.

Of course, if you wanted to sell any of the above there's always a strong market for these excellent brand name tools and the next up and coming newbie to machine polishing will love getting a great deal.

This detailing class goes LIVE on Thursday at 3:00pm Eastern Time.

AND - instead of going to YouTube or Facebook - just >click< the PLAY button in teh video thumbnail above.

Pretty cool.

2. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: LIVE Detailing Class - the GET A NEW CUSTOMER KIT & Polishers for Newbies

More....

I just tested the LIVE feed YouTube broadcast in a FireFox browser. I'm logged into both the forum and YouTube on this browser. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, just putting that out there for reference.

Clicking on this thread I see the below.

After clicking on the PLAY button - I see the "Set Reminder" text button appear.

Next I click on the "Set Reminder" text button and then I see - Reminder On.

Can someone else do this and verify they see the same thing and if not - what browser are you using and are you logged into the forum and to YouTube?

Mike Phillips

More info....

Here's some of the tools you can use to get a new customer....

Vehicle Inspection Form
    - Kind of shows you're more than just a person with a bucket and a wash mitt

Some microfiber towels and a quality spray detailer

Sandwich bags and detailing clay

Post-it Notes

Swirl Finder Light

Paint Thickness Gauge

Your business card

Back-up resources

Training Credentials

If you got em - flaunt em....

Badges for your shirts...

Winning over a new customer is about

A: Educating your potential customer you are in fact a professional i.e. you know your stuff

B: Separating yourself from the other guys

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh this’ll be a good one!!

Mike, I’m on my iPhone using Safari. When I click the play button, I then have to click “live in 3 days” tab. This opens my YouTube app and then gives me the option to set the reminder.

It does indeed work for me, but seems the options were a little different.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post

Ooh this’ll be a good one!!

Mike, I’m on my iPhone using Safari. When I click the play button, I then have to click “live in 3 days” tab. This opens my YouTube app and then gives me the option to set the reminder.

It does indeed work for me, but seems the options were a little different.

The above is what I had to do also when I tested it on my iPhone.

Thanks for describing and typing that up. Now I don't have to.

Also....

I just added the video feed to the bottom of the forum homepage.

Click here and scroll to bottom

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I also use Firefox, and followed the same procedure you did, except via PC. Everything worked OK and as you described except next to the Reminder button it was reporting that it would be Live in 2 days on Aug. 20, 3:00PM. Weird.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on a Mac using Safari, and I got the "Reminder" as well, Mike.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Mike Phillips

Here's the original version for this topic,

The Get Me a New Customer Kit by Mike Phillips

There will be updates to the information and we'll be recording on professional cameras instead of my iPhone.

AND of course - we'll be mic'd up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Here's the original version for this topic,

The Get Me a New Customer Kit by Mike Phillips

There will be updates to the information and we'll be recording on professional cameras instead of my iPhone.

AND of course - we'll be mic'd up.

Really informative and great thread topic, I remember reading it when I was first getting started on detailing for money as a side gig.

It really opened my eyes on such a simple way to explain things to a customer and tangibly show them exactly what you’re saying. After the quick rundown, thin clear, feeling contaminants and showing them how to see swirls how a detailer sees them.. The customers eyes are also opened!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Mike Phillips

Just added some pictures to post #3 of this thread for tomorrow's LIVE class.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast