autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Some Direction

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I wish I could see those posts of people stating that it damaged their OEM wheels.
    Ill try and find them again and show ya. It has been awhile since ive researched it.

I typically seal my car and use hydro blue to maintain it. I dont have a lot of time to spend on my car, so I use hydro blue since it is quick and offers some protection until I can reseal the car or wax it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r1racer View Post
    It's been a while since I really gave a sh!t about washing my cars but I recently bought a Gray GT350 and need some suggestions on some good products to use. Biggest issue is the brake dust that gets all over the wheels and lower panels. I don't want to have to wash it after every drive so I am thinking some sort of waterless. Just looking for an overall decent setup for wash, wax and maintenance. Also a good tire dressing (non glossy and dark) that lasts. Budget is 150-200.

I have a DA polisher, pads, hand pump and that's about it.
    As you mentioned above, "don't want to have to wash it after every drive", with that statement I suggest that you ditch the pads. Putting on top notch products won't change a thing. You will still have to clean those wheels with or without top notch products until you get rid of those pads.

If it were me, I'll put in the $$$ for cleaner pads before spending any $$$ on cleaning products.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    As you mentioned above, "don't want to have to wash it after every drive", with that statement I suggest that you ditch the pads. Putting on top notch products won't change a thing. You will still have to clean those wheels with or without top notch products until you get rid of those pads.

If it were me, I'll put in the $$$ for cleaner pads before spending any $$$ on cleaning products.

Tom
    That makes sense but the brembo pads are excellent and I plan on tracking the car...with that said I still may switch over to ceramic...but in the mean time in between short 100 mile or so drives I want something to maintain the car as easy as possible. Would a waterless work or a pressure washer rinse down and dry?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Ive never used Wheel brightener, but I've always wanted to try it just wasnt sure how safe it was since I've read mixed reviews about it damaging wheels. Thanks for the input!

Warning about saying that you want to or actually use WB some guys on here will think you're practicing black magic, like Eldorado said just be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I wish I could see those posts of people stating that it damaged their OEM wheels.
    Sir, what is OEM wheels?
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    Warning about saying that you want to or actually use WB some guys on here will think you're practicing black magic, like Eldorado said just be smart.

Sir, what is OEM wheels?
    I dont understand your comment. Im just stating the fact that I've wanted to try it, but haven't because of mixed reviews so WB users can chime in on whether they have or have not had any damage done to their wheels. No black magic here, only the use of different products and looking for education on other products. After all that is what a forum is all about.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting back on topic

I think I’m good on wheels...back to the car wash, polish (one step one time), coating (sealant/wax) and an in between wash sYstem...waterless followed by hydro for maint?

Post Thanks / Like

Need Some Direction

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post

Sir, what is OEM wheels?
    Stands for original equipment manufacturer. Could also be referred to as OE [original equipment] or basically original factory equipment/in this case wheels.

It’s a known fact that 99% of todays normL vehicles purchased from the dealer will come with factory coated wheels, therefore Wheel Brightener and every other wheel cleaner will be perfectly safe to use on them unless of course that particular maker decided to go super cheapo on their wheel finish and then become known for having produced cheap wheels, the same way some older Hondas are known for having cheap paint that fails.

8. Thanks DogRescuer thanked for this post
    Likes r1racer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r1racer View Post
    That makes sense but the brembo pads are excellent and I plan on tracking the car...with that said I still may switch over to ceramic...but in the mean time in between short 100 mile or so drives I want something to maintain the car as easy as possible. Would a waterless work or a pressure washer rinse down and dry?
    Want something as easy as possible? One word----McKee's Hydro Blue as the others have mentioned above, can't get any easier than Hydro.

Wash the wheels, paint with soap and rinse off. While car is still wet, spray Hydro on wheels, hose off, then spray hydro on paint one panel a time, hose off and when done--dry off the car, done.

Next time it'll be much, much easier to wash.

And when it's time, change the pads...

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

10. Thanks goldendodo19 thanked for this post
    Likes r1racer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to go the easy way I would look into mckees37 line of products. They have small samples bottles to test if you like it or not. If their is a product that you are not satisfied with you can look into other products. Since I recommend mckees37 is that the most of products I have seen on here nobody have bad experience with. Easy to use products is their way to go. And you would not be sitting on much of products left if you don't like it. Plus if you like it most of it comes in gallon sizes.

Look in the mckees forum part to see which products you want to use. And look in the ago shop for kits that will suit you to save some $$$.
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/mckees-37/

https://www.autogeek.net/detailers-pride.html

Here is some suggestions of products.

McKees 37 360 AIO
    McKees 37 n-914 rinseless wash and much more!
    McKees 37 Hydro Blue
    McKees 37 xtreme iron remover
    McKees 37 Foaming wheel cleaner gel
    McKee's 37 Cleanse-All Exterior Cleaner

What DA do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon wet coat and can coat.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...nd-review.html

See explanation at 9:03.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's