autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from South Carolina

Hey, just wanted to drop a post to introduce myself. I'm somewhat new to professional detailing. Just started doing it for myself part time. I've been reading around the forum for the past week or so. This is my first official post!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Welcome to Autogeekonline !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

what area are you in? I'm heading to Columbia this summer to scope out places to possibly move shop. gonna hit up the myrtle beach area as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    what area are you in? I'm heading to Columbia this summer to scope out places to possibly move shop. gonna hit up the myrtle beach area as well
    I'm from Anderson. It's in the Northwestern part of the state. Almost exactly in the middle of Atlanta and Charlotte on I-85.

5. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from NC

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PalmettoGloss View Post
    I'm from Anderson. It's in the Northwestern part of the state. Almost exactly in the middle of Atlanta and Charlotte on I-85.
    Hey! Crazy to see another person from Anderson on here. I've been trolling around on this website for a couple years. Are you looking to start up your own detailing business in town? Just wondering, because there's not too many options for people to get their paint corrected (I just do my friends and families cars)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kracker View Post
    Hey! Crazy to see another person from Anderson on here. I've been trolling around on this website for a couple years. Are you looking to start up your own detailing business in town? Just wondering, because there's not too many options for people to get their paint corrected (I just do my friends and families cars)
    Yeah I've actually started. Of course, being me, I picked the worst time of year to start up. Luckily, for now, this is just a side business and I don't have to rely on money rolling in from detailing. I have noticed the lack of true detailers in the area. The reason I even started was because I couldn't find someone to clean my car to my satisfaction. I couldn't stand paying someone good money only to have to fix what they missed or did wrong. Anderson is a weird market for just about any business though. I've found very few people who understand, and want to pay for,, the difference between a detailer and a clean-up guy. Most people just want the $20 wash and don't understand the importance of maintaining the cosmetics of the car as well as the mechanical. I feel sure things will get better as people see my work, but even when people do see my work, they don't understand the amount of time it takes to get a car to a level that is professionally acceptable. ok ok... rant over! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've actually started. Of course, being me, I picked the worst time of year to start up. Luckily, for now, this is just a side business and I don't have to rely on money rolling in from detailing. I have noticed the lack of true detailers in the area. The reason I even started was because I couldn't find someone to clean my car to my satisfaction. I couldn't stand paying someone good money only to have to fix what they missed or did wrong. Anderson is a weird market for just about any business though. I've found very few people who understand, and want to pay for,, the difference between a detailer and a clean-up guy. Most people just want the $20 wash and don't understand the importance of maintaining the cosmetics of the car as well as the mechanical. I feel sure things will get better as people see my work, but even when people do see my work, they don't understand the amount of time it takes to get a car to a level that is professionally acceptable. ok ok... rant over! lol
    Best advice I can give is remember it's Thier car and not yours and they pay for Thier standards and not yours so while you want to offer and do more if they are not paying for it don't do it, it eats up time which eats up profit. So know what they expect and charge as such.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand completely...thats one reason that I do all my own work. 'Round here they want a $15 purp boyz cleaning (off clemson blvd towards sandy springs). I have a decent collection going (maybe $1k worth of product) that I use. People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I would do a full decon, one step, and seal/wax for $150. Best of luck and maybe we can meet up at some meets around town come summer/spring time. I use to know a good bit of car guys around town, but that all died off...I still have my toys though (~550-600whp RSX, 500AWHP BMW)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast