autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Car Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro

Quote Originally Posted by yellosuzku View Post

It's more a concern of my buddy's truck and his obsession over the paint feeling slick and smooth. His truck was also coated in CQUK in September and a few weeks later he complained to me the paint doesn't feel as smooth as it did directly after coating. I was hoping this product may satisfy him in that aspect.
    Gliss sounds like a perfect product to add slickness, but if you use Reload or Essence you will have to do a complete decon before applying Gliss.
    Sounds like Gliss is what your Buddy needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Gliss sounds like a perfect product to add slickness, but if you use Reload or Essence you will have to do a complete decon before applying Gliss.
    Sounds like Gliss is what your Buddy needs.
    As we all know, most of us folks are basically all hounds chomping at the bit for that last bit of gloss, slickness, protection, and many of us would go to the ends of the earth on our beloved vehicles. :-)

While Gliss sounds like a nice product, I think we all can surmise that Gliss as well won't be the be-all and end-all product.

With that said, and for us Carpro or other Coating Fans, I'd reckon there will again come a point in time where another product, perhaps Reload, C2V3, a Gyeon product, etc would again be called into use.

It's inevitable, unless your vehicle resides inside a Glass Case.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some Gliss and will put on my 4 cars this weekend ( if it spreads that far).
    I also bought some WG 3.0 sealant so not sure which product on what car.

All cars bit different;
    -5 year old Opticoat 2.0 topped with FK1000p .
    -1 year old Opti Gloss Coat over Opticoat 2.0
    -1 year Opti Gloss Coat on its lonesome and lastly
    -No coating or sealant, mainly wash and wax products.

So my plan is to decon all 4 cars (i have some old Meguiars Deep Crystal paint cleaner that is prety good at lightly tidying up light swirls and scuffs), then using eraser/paint prep to doubly remove the waxes and Bobs my uncle.

So will then have to wait 6 to 12 months to see if Gliss isn't a miss.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump! Was tied up this weekend and couldn't try out Gliss. Anyone tried it yet?

5. Thanks brianshaeffer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some in my possession that I will be trying out sometime over the next 3 weeks. It's on the to do list.

7. Thanks 01GreyStangGT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't mean to get this thread off main subject, but...

Don't slam me for this question , but if your car has clear bra front end and then opticoat over the entire paint including the clear bra surfaces.
    What car wash soap are you using?

When I had the clear bra and opticoat done , I have since washed it with Reset, which when I dried it off it didn't have that slick surface. I then did a coat of reload on it and of coarse it brought the slickness back only to be stripped or ? of the slickness once I washed it again with Reset.

So looking at this Gliss , I was wanting to try it, but it seems according to other posts its NOT to be used with or on top of Reload?

Back to my question what car wash soap are you using for regular washing the car.

It is garaged, and looks like the day I picked it up from having the clear bra / opticoat put on it, so would washing it with Reset in between regular washes about every 2-3 months and then do another Reload treatment or is that too much?

Thanks for any and all replies...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OFDPOS View Post
    Don't mean to get this thread off main subject, but...

Don't slam me for this question , but if your car has clear bra front end and then opticoat over the entire paint including the clear bra surfaces.
    What car wash soap are you using?

When I had the clear bra and opticoat done , I have since washed it with Reset, which when I dried it off it didn't have that slick surface. I then did a coat of reload on it and of coarse it brought the slickness back only to be stripped or ? of the slickness once I washed it again with Reset.

So looking at this Gliss , I was wanting to try it, but it seems according to other posts its NOT to be used with or on top of Reload?

Back to my question what car wash soap are you using for regular washing the car.

It is garaged, and looks like the day I picked it up from having the clear bra / opticoat put on it, so would washing it with Reset in between regular washes about every 2-3 months and then do another Reload treatment or is that too much?

Thanks for any and all replies...
    Have you looked into Ech2o?

10. Dislikes Mgavin1985 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have some in my possession that I will be trying out sometime over the next 3 weeks. It's on the to do list.
    The reason I'm trying to see if using Gliss is worth it is because of the prep work. I've been using Reload and Ech2o as a waterless wash for over 6 months and applied CQuartz Pro about the same time.

I'm so anal about keeping my ride clean that I use Ech2o (1:10 with 1 part Reload) everyday and Reload neat about every 2-3 weeks. Now I will need to strip the Reload with Trix or TarX and do multiple Eraser/IPA wipe downs before applying Gliss.

CQuartz Pro is only 6 months old and I don't want to remove it, but is all this prep work worth it to apply Gliss?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied Gliss 3 days ago to my little Black Golf. It had Opti Gloss Coat applied about a year ago but the car lives outside 24/7 and is not that well looked after.
    I did a wash with strong detergent and then used Paint Prep (same as eraser) . I then had to use some paint cleaner for some of the marks and scratches and occasionally some stronger cutting compound for the big marks. This probably thinned out or completely got rid of the Gloss Coat in parts ?

The Gliss was very easy to apply, great applicator with 4 disposable pieces of suede that you wrap around the applicator.
    i used about 10ml in total so the 50ml will do a few cars (but Golf is quite little).

It definitely added a higher level of shine than the Gloss Coat, a bit fake looking I reckon, not deep like wax, but I have never used a sealant so I think it might be more like that, kind of mirror like is the best way to describe.

Overall, pretty happy, I wanted something to extend the life of the Gloss Coat and also replace it with a long lasting nano coating on the parts where I had to polish it away.

13. Thanks Avi@CarPro thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Digger11 View Post
    I applied Gliss 3 days ago to my little Black Golf. It had Opti Gloss Coat applied about a year ago but the car lives outside 24/7 and is not that well looked after.
    I did a wash with strong detergent and then used Paint Prep (same as eraser) . I then had to use some paint cleaner for some of the marks and scratches and occasionally some stronger cutting compound for the big marks. This probably thinned out or completely got rid of the Gloss Coat in parts ?

The Gliss was very easy to apply, great applicator with 4 disposable pieces of suede that you wrap around the applicator.
    i used about 10ml in total so the 50ml will do a few cars (but Golf is quite little).

It definitely added a higher level of shine than the Gloss Coat, a bit fake looking I reckon, not deep like wax, but I have never used a sealant so I think it might be more like that, kind of mirror like is the best way to describe.

Overall, pretty happy, I wanted something to extend the life of the Gloss Coat and also replace it with a long lasting nano coating on the parts where I had to polish it away.
    Did you find it slick and is it anti static?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.