autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - McKee's 37 SiO2 Auto Wash

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Quartz; Sand; etc.? :e ek:!

Bob
    But it's on the fine side.

Post Thanks / Like

Review - McKee's 37 SiO2 Auto Wash

In the video you say “soap does not create water spots, water creates water spots”

I would tend to agree. I also can’t help but think that if someone were to be washing a black vehicle in direct sunlight and using hard water from the hose to rinse off the soap, that they could still wind up with unsightly water spots if they were to fail to dry the vehicle off in a timely manner, even if they were using this soap.

Or does this soap somehow even prevent the rinse water from creating water spots?

I would think that this soap used in conjunction with de ionized water to rinse it off would make for a truly complete sun safe wash experience, free from any possible water spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    In the video you say “soap does not create water spots, water creates water spots”

I would tend to agree. I also can’t help but think that if someone were to be washing a black vehicle in direct sunlight and using hard water from the hose to rinse off the soap, that they could still wind up with unsightly water spots if they were to fail to dry the vehicle off in a timely manner, even if they were using this soap.

Or does this soap somehow even prevent the rinse water from creating water spots?

I would think that this soap used in conjunction with de ionized water to rinse it off would make for a truly complete sun safe wash experience, free from any possible water spots.
    I agree with your analogy, but I'm curios to see if tap water will spot after a rinse if left to dry. I would think it would.

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used this yet, but from what I understand the suds now create a "barrier" which when rinsed off with regular tap water, the water spots left behind won't stick to the paint. You should just be able to wipe them off easily when you do your final wipe. Anybody, if I'm totally wrong, please correct me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax View Post
    I haven't used this yet, but from what I understand the suds now create a "barrier" which when rinsed off with regular tap water, the water spots left behind won't stick to the paint. You should just be able to wipe them off easily when you do your final wipe. Anybody, if I'm totally wrong, please correct me.
    Suds create a barrier between them and the oncoming water so that the soap doesn’t leave water spots... But what happens once the soap is rinsed off? What protects the the rinse water from leaving its own set of possible water spots? Because according to WRAPT, the soap used standalone on a vehicle with bare paint saw no beading or sheeting after the bucket wash.

So that’s why I ask: What would prevent any possible water spots from the final rinse in less than ideal conditions?

I’m more than fine with being wrong if that’s turns out to be the case. I’m just curious that’s all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax View Post
    That's what we want someone to prove or disprove.

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to recall someone (maybe Nick) saying it would not prevent water spots once rinsed. That makes sense because I'm not aware of any product (even a coating) that prevents tap water from spotting once it dries on a car. I've used the product on an unprotected black car in direct sunlight and can attest that the soap can dry on the paint without spotting. But I did not let the rinse water dry to test that out.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree with Eldo on this. I'm no chemist, but if water is the last substance on the paint after rinsing, then whatever is in the water is on the paint. Water spots come from minerals in the water, and if water is left on the paint and allowed to dry, where do the minerals go? They don't evaporate, and that is the entire problem. I can see a soap with wax or SiO2 or whatever "leaving something" on the paint but water is still there afterwards. A good LSP or even the wash/wax type products can make water bead (or sheet) and that tendency to repel water is what allows the water beads to easily transfer to a drying towel, right? So we still need to dry unless you are using water that has minerals removed like DI or a spotless filter system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    I seem to recall someone (maybe Nick) saying it would not prevent water spots once rinsed. That makes sense because I'm not aware of any product (even a coating) that prevents tap water from spotting once it dries on a car. I've used the product on an unprotected black car in direct sunlight and can attest that the soap can dry on the paint without spotting. But I did not let the rinse water dry to test that out.
    Thanks for the reply.

TBO I actually want to test out the whole letting the soap dry on a dark car with a regular soap like Megs Shampoo Plus or any other soap I would normally use... Because I’ve never encountered a situation where things went south in such a way.

Post Thanks / Like

Suds create a barrier between them and the oncoming water so that the soap doesn’t leave water spots... But what happens once the soap is rinsed off? What protects the the rinse water from leaving its own set of possible water spots? Because according to WRAPT, the soap used standalone on a vehicle with bare paint saw no beading or sheeting after the bucket wash.

So that’s why I ask: What would prevent any possible water spots from the final rinse in less than ideal conditions?

I’m more than fine with being wrong if that’s turns out to be the case. I’m just curious that’s all.
    The soap I think is supposed to have something in it that adheres to the paint...after it's rinsed off. Yeah...all this new technology kinda crazy eh? We'll if anybody has used this, please let us know what the deal is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345