autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, who else has jammed their fingers in the 3401?

Just so I don't feel completely stupid, who else here using a 3401 has pushed a little too hard on the front grip and smashed their fingers between it and the body? Misery loves company!

And before ya'll say "take it off" I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ok, who else has jammed their fingers in the 3401?

Are you talking about the exposed metal housing? I used to accidentally touch it while using the tool. I think after so many hours of using the machine I've built muscle memory to stay far away from that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I have been using my Flex 3401 for quite some time and the only thing I did was put the DA Aluminum Housing on my leg while I was changing pads. It was very hot. No burn but quick enough to move it. My guess it would not burn but it's still really hot. But jamming your fingers.....UM......NO! NADA! FORGETABOUTIT! ZERO! NEVER!....LOL But thanks for advance on what NOT to do and to be honest...thank you for the laugh! You probably saved me a future finger jamming! Again, Thanks for the funny post!.....PEACE!!!

The only stupid thing I have done was drop my Flex 3401 about 4 or 5 times. About 2 years ago I dropped it from real high and broke the trigger mechanism. I would rather jam my fingers than pay some $$ to fix it! Til this day, I have NEVER dropped it!...LOL

FYI, if you ever break something on your Flex, it's pretty easy to fix on your own. I learned that the hard way!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

4. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, osia, the forward most rubberized grip is mounted by 2 allen bolts into the side. I have tightened them down as much as I can and occassionally I'll exert a little more pressure by pushing down on that hand hold grip and bam...pinches my fingers between it and the metal housing!

I've only done it a couple of times (call me stoopid) and know now to avoid doing that. I now push down on the top of the machine. I also found out how hot that thing gets too!

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Flex. Thanks for the advice Kamakaz. I have no problem fixing almost any machine on my own. I've never had any problems with it but it's good to know it's probably an easy fix.

6. Likes Kamakaz1961 liked this post