autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Duetto SCREAMS

Sorry with all the media today it's impossible for me to be everywhere. I get Private Messages on different forums, emails, Facebook, texts, instagram, etc.. I purposely let my inbox become full on here because I don't have much time to get on the forum, and thus this is a very inefficient way to to contact me.

Your best bet is contact the RUPES USA HQ by calling 970 535 0100 and asking for service, or shooting an email to service@rupesusa.com. The Duetto is not a loud tool, or at least not any louder than comparable tools. If it is painful to use because of the noise, there sounds like (pun intended) a problem.

Cheers,
    Todd

2. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    Sorry with all the media today it's impossible for me to be everywhere. I get Private Messages on different forums, emails, Facebook, texts, instagram, etc.. I purposely let my inbox become full on here because I don't have much time to get on the forum, and thus this is a very inefficient way to to contact me.

Your best bet is contact the RUPES USA HQ by calling 970 535 0100 and asking for service, or shooting an email to service@rupesusa.com. The Duetto is not a loud tool, or at least not any louder than comparable tools. If it is painful to use because of the noise, there sounds like (pun intended) a problem.

Cheers,
    Todd
    Ok, thanks. I'll shoot them an email.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got time to send this machine to Rupes. It had a bad gear box, worn carbon fiber brushes, worn rubber shroud. They replaced all of these parts and it shipped back to me today. It will be nice to use this macine running the way it was built to run.

5. Likes The Guz, SWETM, PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got resolution, all I got was silence from Todd, even after writing to Mike Phillips asking him to help. My Duetto got extremely loud then began overheating to the point you couldn't hold it. My 15le Mark II melted pads to the backing plate after doing a few small sections. The Duetto finally just died, it lasted 6 cars in total.

I'll never recommend another Rupes product again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coolcobramatt View Post
    Glad you got resolution, all I got was silence from Todd, even after writing to Mike Phillips asking him to help. My Duetto got extremely loud then began overheating to the point you couldn't hold it. My 15le Mark II melted pads to the backing plate after doing a few small sections. The Duetto finally just died, it lasted 6 cars in total.

I'll never recommend another Rupes product again.
    I'm about done too. I just bought a 21 Mark II. Used it for the first time today. Worked great for about 30 minutes. Put it down while I used my Flex mini, picked it back up and pulled the trigger and it just hums. Let it sit for another hour. Picked it up pulled the trigger and it ran. Set it down for a second, got a pad for it and got it ready to go. Pull the trigger and just a hum. If I sent this thing in and there is something wrong with it and they tell me they are going to fix it I' going to snap. lol

oh...there is another post on the duetto. Ran it for about 15 minutes and it was right back at it. Had to send it in again. I figured sure they would just replace it at this point. Nope...another repair job. I got it back, made sure it ran right, put it on eBay. The two repair tickets ended up totaling 300.00.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I'm about done too. I just bought a 21 Mark II. Used it for the first time today. Worked great for about 30 minutes. Put it down while I used my Flex mini, picked it back up and pulled the trigger and it just hums. Let it sit for another hour. Picked it up pulled the trigger and it ran. Set it down for a second, got a pad for it and got it ready to go. Pull the trigger and just a hum. If I sent this thing in and there is something wrong with it and they tell me they are going to fix it I' going to snap. lol

oh...there is another post on the duetto. Ran it for about 15 minutes and it was right back at it. Had to send it in again. I figured sure they would just replace it at this point. Nope...another repair job. I got it back, made sure it ran right, put it on eBay. The two repair tickets ended up totaling 300.00.
    Don't blame you a bit, Dave. For the money these cost, and the threads I've read about the CS, I would be completely turned off.

I was just talking about this to my cousin who is a high-end woodworker. He stated that if Rupes made wood tools, they'd be done.

As hard core as we think we are about our polishers, contractors/woodworkers are even more so about their tools.

It's a shame Rupes machines are disappointing people, but they are certainly not alone in that. Every brand will have their problems. It is how you stand behind the product that matters and try and correct these problems as quickly as possible, and I just have not heard great things on the Rupes front in that regard.

A shame for a tool that has so many great features, and so many products that have a following.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Don't blame you a bit, Dave. For the money these cost, and the threads I've read about the CS, I would be completely turned off.

I was just talking about this to my cousin who is a high-end woodworker. He stated that if Rupes made wood tools, they'd be done.

As hard core as we think we are about our polishers, contractors/woodworkers are even more so about their tools.

It's a shame Rupes machines are disappointing people, but they are certainly not alone in that. Every brand will have their problems. It is how you stand behind the product that matters and try and correct these problems as quickly as possible, and I just have not heard great things on the Rupes front in that regard.

A shame for a tool that has so many great features, and so many products that have a following.
    Exactly, I had a problem with a Flex machine. They sent me another one and told me to just dispose of the other one. It was part of a problem in the early production XFE-7 v2. They found a problem, admitted there was a problem and took care of it no questions asked.

I don't know if it's growing pains Rupes is going through, They are building more different kinds of machines and still designing more new ones.

I've been waiting for their new rotary to come out for quite a while now. After the problem with the 21 Mark II and liking the Flex battery DA so much I may go ahead and get the battery rotary, oh I may just keep my PE-14. It definitely is nice not to have to mess with cords and extension cords.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, I had a problem with a Flex machine. They sent me another one and told me to just dispose of the other one. It was part of a problem in the early production XFE-7 v2. They found a problem, admitted there was a problem and took care of it no questions asked.

I don't know if it's growing pains Rupes is going through, They are building more different kinds of machines and still designing more new ones.

I've been waiting for their new rotary to come out for quite a while now. After the problem with the 21 Mark II and liking the Flex battery DA so much I may go ahead and get the battery rotary, oh I may just keep my PE-14. It definitely is nice not to have to mess with cords and extension cords.
    The cordless are VERY intriguing!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I’ve got 7 Rupes tools and never had a problem. I did have problems with some green pads, but after contacting Rupes they sent me new ones right away. I love their customer service. Forums are not the best place to try to contact any manufacturer, it’s easier to contact the companies service department, imho.

15. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I sent this thing in and there is something wrong with it and they tell me they are going to fix it I' going to snap. lol
    So you don’t want them to fix it? Isn’t it still under warranty?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast