autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for the best AIO product!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    its for sure sold by the gallon as that's how I get it and have a new gallon right now, its just not offered on AG ATM
    Where did you find it in a gallon size? I can’t find any size larger than 32oz anywhere (Amazon, eBay, etc).

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
    2017 Honda CTX700
    IG- alfaromeogiulia.palmbeach

Mike Phillips

If you're in the Orlando area, I'll be at the Ace Café tomorrow demonstrating the new BLACKFIRE One Step.

I'm taking Mirka Abralon #2000 grit sanding discs, plus

RUPES BigFoot 21
    FLEX 3401
    Griot's BOSS 21

and will be pushing this product to it's limit to see what it can do.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post

And that was with an 8mm free spinning orbital and foam "polishing" pads.

More powerful tool, more aggressive pads and you could tackle worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Best is always a relative term so I will shy away from using it here. Of the AIO's I have used, Griot's Finishing Sealant and McKee's 360 are the ones I use most. griot's: excellent working time - you can polish for a long time even in the sun, and still not caking up or difficult removal. It also leaves a nice shine but durability is in my experience limited to about 3-4 months. McKees 360 has a slightly thicker consistency than Griot's and it too has great working time. I would say 360 and Griot's are neck in neck when it comes to cutting ability, and both finish nicely. However where 360 excels in the AIO world is in the durability department. I applied this to a friend's car (the same friend who will be the test subject for Hi Def Sealant in the next week or two). That was 11 months ago - the car not washed all year (argh!) and the water still beads up. Granted at this point the beads look flatter and not as tight BUT that was 11 months of weather to contend with. The car is also not garaged.

Both have pleasant smells to them - griot's has more of a cologne scent to it whereas 360 is cherry with some polymer smell to it. 360 requires more effort when cleaning your pads. Both great products ...

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

If you're in the Orlando area, I'll be at the Ace Café tomorrow demonstrating the new BLACKFIRE One Step.

I'm taking Mirka Abralon #2000 grit sanding discs, plus

Hope this is documented with pics and shared with us!!

Thanks for pushing limits, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    I wouldn't buy by gallon just yet. Get small bottle first and see if it gets what you want done...

Ranking by level of cut or correction, if I recall...

1. Higher cut: HD Speed (stains trim and pads tho. And somewhat dusty)
    2. Mid-range cut: McKee's 360 (doesn't stain trim and no dust)
    3. Lower cut: SONAX Hybrid NPT Paint Cleaner (doesn't stain, no dust, produces high gloss)

I have and used all 3. I like #2 and #3 better than Speed (#1)

Tom
    First of all, I think if you are going to list "pad staining" as a negative of HD Speed (even though it has virtually no effect on pad performance) you should have also mentioned that Mckee's 360 also stains pads and is actually more difficult to remove from a pad than HD Speed is. You also could have mention that even though the sealant in Mckee's 360 is arguably the most difficult AIO to fully remove from pads, that is simply a byproduct of 360 having the most durable sealant of any AIO.

The primary benefit of HD Speed vs other AIO's/cleaner waxes is that it CAN be used on nearly any type of trim (even most textured pebble trim) without staining. Also, HD Speed doesn't dust. In most instances where guys are experiencing dusting it's because they are using it like they do w/ other AIO's. With HD Speed, use 3 pea size drops on an unprimed pad. Once the pad becomes saturated, switch out with a new pad for optimal performance. I know it feels unnatural but the product doesn't perform well when used "heavy" like other cleaner waxes prefer.

I tested my sample of blackfire 1-step today on single stage black enamel paint on a 38 Ford and it is seriously impressive. I'm pretty cynical and didn't expect to be impressed by it, and I was worried it would be too oily like Menzerna 3n1 BUT it was a dream to use and very easy to remove even when paired with a microfiber pad. I'm looking forward to trying it on some different paints.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used Optimums GPS? Curious how this is...the ability to just spray it on makes me want to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax View Post
    Has anyone used Optimums GPS? Curious how this is...the ability to just spray it on makes me want to try it.
    It's the only Optimum product I hated. And I loved Poliseal. The sprayer was a total gimmick for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I have to chime in on my new favorite AIO. Meguiar's D166. I have almost finished 1 bottle and have bought another. Very easy to use and IMO better than my Menzerna AIO
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

11. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    ok so I LOVE me some AIO' they are awesome for production detailing

HD Speed- was and still kinda is my main go to, super easy to work with, you can run it for days with no ill effects, no dusting that ive noticed, has a great gloss finish, lasts about 90 days in my desert environment, can be applied in direct sunlight and left on a black panel in the hot desert heat in over 100 degree weather and still wipe off effortlessly. its a great price point its cut is at a 2/10 in the charts

megs d166- I like it it has a high cut somewhere around 7 0r 8 id say because megs says its more aggressive then 151 and 151 is at a 6. this does great at removing swirls but as far as protection, thats still being tested, ive had it since release and its holding up well to this date, beads are not as tight but its still there. it wipes off great and turns pretty much clear when worked so leaves little to remove. its $1 more then speed and it easier to get in a gallon size. I don't use it as a daily driver because im still having random sweating issues with it ATM but still trying to get that resolved.

menz 3 in 1- I have it and use it depending on the type of paint im working on if the others are not cutting it (get it..lol) but I rarely use it. its not a bad product but it was really oily for me, for some that might be great because it can be worked forever and it come in handy on those super soft paints but. I don't like it for a daily driver

Griots BOSS finishing sealant- has the same some good cut to it at a 3 and when I compare it to HD speed the extra cut makes a difference because its less effort used for better results. the gloss is great and it also can be worked for a long time without drying up. the one bad thing with I guess is not a deal breaker and I just have to adjust my application is it cant sit in the sun for to long, doing a whole car and then wiping it off make sit look like its hologramed out but its just the oils stuck to the car and they come off with a quick spray of anything really or a quick once over. so im still seeing how far I can push the limits with this but its looking like it will be my new daily.

megs 151- used to be my go to before HD speed found its way into my hands and man did it cut, its on the scale of 6/10 but the protection wore off fast, I mean not bad for your average customer but its was only about 4 weeks or so. price wise you really cant beat it for the gallon at just only $36.

megs 66- idk who even uses this anymore but its a good cleaner wax for what it is. haven't used it in a few years now but was good at the time.
    If I️ recall correctly I️ sent you a little sample
    of Mirror Bright Polishing Wax. Try giving that a try. Won’t have as much cut as D166 but it is supposed to last as long as Ultimate Wax.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast