autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who have upgraded to the BOSS

After years of use my Griots Garage 6" DA is broke. My first thought was to just replace with the same unit but I have been reading up a lot on the newer BOSS unit. For those who have upgraded from their 6" DA do you have any regrets, was it worth the extra money? Also, do you feel the correction ability is any better with the new machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For those who have upgraded to the BOSS

How many vehicles are you planning to polish? Just yours? If so stay with the 8mm and my advice would be to get the cheapest 1 they sell [you know which 1 I'm talking about]

If you plan on polishing at least 4-6 different vehicles that actually need paint correction in the next 12months, then you should upgrade to the Boss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    How many vehicles are you planning to polish? Just yours? If so stay with the 8mm and my advice would be to get the cheapest 1 they sell [you know which 1 I'm talking about]

If you plan on polishing at least 4-6 different vehicles that actually need paint correction in the next 12months, then you should upgrade to the Boss.

I detail on the side so I'll probably be doing some cars starting in the spring, but the majority of these cars will probably be a simple 1-step polish. Overall it's been a great tool.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the gg6 had a warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldendodo19 View Post
    I thought the gg6 had a warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct, it does......have it replaced by Griots, get the 5" plate and the HD 3" plate for it then get a GG21 or 15 (I use the 21) and you will have a complete set of DAs for any car/situation!!!
    https://www.griotsgarage.com/category/customer+service/customers+for+life+-+100-+guarantee.do

https://www.griotsgarage.com/categor...information.do

Mike

6. Likes VISITOR, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It has a lifetime warranty. I’ve already contacted Griots. I’m just debating on replacing it or spending the extra money to pick up the boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

How'd it break?

Post Thanks / Like

They have some great deals right now on them (as I'm sure AG does too and /or will match)

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

so, ive been using the GG6 for years, I started with the old model unit it quit and then sent it in and they sent back the newer version. due to these years of use the GG6 has really just become an extension of my arm.
    i own

G15
    G21
    Flex 3401
    GG3
    porter cable
    rupes 21

each has their own ups and downs but for me its still always the GG6 i go for. ive tried really hard to stick to the new BOSS polishers, forcing myself to like it and want to use it and they are great machines, they really are but for me with the 5 inch vented backing plate, the BOSS pads, MF pads, LC flats or any other the other pads i use on a regular basis you just cant beat the GG6. im going on i think 3 or 4 years with my current model and i cant even tell you how many cars its polished but it has never let me down. it really is a great machine for a beginner, hobbyist or a professional.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carguy2007 View Post
    After years of use my Griots Garage 6" DA is broke. My first thought was to just replace with the same unit but I have been reading up a lot on the newer BOSS unit. For those who have upgraded from their 6" DA do you have any regrets, was it worth the extra money? Also, do you feel the correction ability is any better with the new machine?
    Hi. I have the GG6 and the BOSS15 and let me start by saying they are both great machines. To answer your questions directly: Do I have any regrets getting the BOSS15? Absolutely not! It is an incredible machine that is very, very smooth. You could polish with it all day with one hand - not that I would suggest that, but you see my point. As far as correcting ability, all factors equal (same car, same pad, same polish, same technique etc.) the BOSS will correct faster, and in my opinion better. I use the BOSS15 for correction and the GG6 for mild polishing/AIO and sealant/wax application.

ScottH

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast