autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Phillips

Re: Howdy from Oreegun

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyThings View Post

Hi Mike and all,

I'm in Bend but lived in the Salem area for a while before finding Bend.
    When I sold my Sanger Drag Boat in 2002 - I sold it to a guy that lives in the Bend/Redmond area. My guess is the first time out he wrecked it or blew up the motor.

I traveled to Bend, Oregon back in 2008 for a family reunion and tried my hardest to contact him to see if I could buy it back if it had not been wrecked but alas my efforts were to no avail.

If I ever get another V-drive Drab Boat it will be a Sanger Bubble Deck Runner Bottom - might as well do it right the next time.

Been boating on Foster, Green Peter, Detroit. Originally from Central California (Merced) and have had several fast boats, built 1/4 mile boats etc.
    I've been kicked off Foster, Green Peter and Detroit by the Sherrif Patrol on each lake. Been kicked off Cottage Grove Lake too...

Good times...

This is me stuck in mud at the Foster Mud Flat Races in my 1971 Chevy 4x4 circa 1985 or 1986 - those are 44" Swampers on the truck.

That's my buddy Eric getting ready to yank me out with his street legal truck, which he still owns today.

Quote Originally Posted by JMak97008 View Post

Mike, I'm originally from Detroit, MI and now live here in Beaverton, OR....

Arent there like only three of you native Oregonians...to meet one is rare surprise and very few and far between, lols!!
    We have a few more Oregonians on here.... it's all good... I loved living their growing up and later before I knew much but I would never move back.

I like the no State Sales Tax and sunny weather here in Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh yes Sanger boats built in Fresno only an hour South of my hometown.

Here are a couple teaser's in case you need motivation to get another one. If you want to add one more forum to your never ending list check out riverdaves place.com. It's alot of fun and anything marine, or land toy related can be answered or found with the wealth of knowledge, talent and original innovators hanging around.

I was partners in Hondo boats a few years back before the big economy crash and had alot of fun learning from the best and meeting the best at races, events etc. I will try to get some more goodies to look at loaded over the weekend.

Thanks again Jason

Howdy from Oreegun-dsc02022-jpgHowdy from Oreegun-sanger_bubbledeck_flatbottom-001-jpgHowdy from Oreegun-81sanger165-jpg
    Excuse typos and poor grammar created by my not so bright "smart" phone. And we thank you

Mike Phillips

Ahhhh yes Sanger boats built in Fresno only an hour South of my hometown.

Here are a couple teaser's in case you need motivation to get another one. If you want to add one more forum to your never ending list check out riverdaves place.com. It's a lot of fun and anything marine, or land toy related can be answered or found with the wealth of knowledge, talent and original innovators hanging around.

I was partners in Hondo boats a few years back before the big economy crash and had a lot of fun learning from the best and meeting the best at races, events etc. I will try to get some more goodies to look at loaded over the weekend.

Thanks again Jason

Very cool and exactly the boat I love - the Sanger Bubble Deck V-Drive Runner Bottom Drag Boat. I downloaded and then uploaded your attachments to your free gallery here on AGO and have inserted them below.

Love the Zoomies!

I'd want a factory white gel-coat hull, never molested, I'd paint my engine white, add a tall scoop like the Indy Champ I had on my Sanger and have some custom high back buckets made for it like mine install a stereo and then stick a fork in it and call it done.

My 1970 Sanger Flat Bottom Drag Boat
    18 tooth gears in the V-drive
    17.5" Pitch Racing Prop
    402 BBC with small port closed chamber heads and 12.5:1 compression 6.88 Lift Cam

Head to the lake and do this thing called

Relax

That is when I wasn't racing someone...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've seen Sanger Bubble Deck Runner Bottoms come up for sale once in a while - garage finds that were never completed. It's just timing

Mike Phillips

Keep a look out - maybe you'll see my Sanger running on the lake or getting AV Gas

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need you to bring the Roadshow out to Oregon so you can visit your old stomping grounds Mike!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing the journey our old toys can take and then end up back in our hands. I will keep an eye out for sure and thanks for the gallery pics I will utilize that when I get a moment. For temporary here is another famous Sanger that can still be found cruising Bass Lake
    Howdy from Oreegun-6811suck_my_wake_002-jpgHowdy from Oreegun-821def6db90518a1418360392972bdb3-john-candy-comedy-movies-jpgHowdy from Oreegun-821def6db90518a1418360392972bdb3-john-candy-comedy-movies-jpg
    Excuse typos and poor grammar created by my not so bright "smart" phone. And we thank you

Mike Phillips

It's amazing the journey our old toys can take and then end up back in our hands.

I will keep an eye out for sure and thanks for the gallery pics I will utilize that when I get a moment.

For temporary here is another famous Sanger that can still be found cruising Bass Lake

Very cool...

When I first got into drag boats, there was a regular on Foster called 24 Karrot Gold - it was dark brown with a lot of large gold metallic flake. Had an old school Hemi engine in it. Seems like he was there with his boat and a new blonde every weekend.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by OMGClayAiken View Post

I think we need you to bring the Roadshow out to Oregon so you can visit your old stomping grounds Mike!

I'm down with that - will have to see what 2018 has in store...

Post Thanks / Like

Bonus points to who knows what movie the boat was in

10. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Bonus points to who knows what movie the boat was in

That was The Great Outdoors with Dan Aykroyd and John Candy

12. Likes ShinyThings liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123