autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this a joke? BF Pro APC is $70/gallon?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
    Maybe its Earth friendly APC good for environment
    You mean "ineffective." JK
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
    Maybe its Earth friendly APC good for environment
    One of the biggest inside jokes in my industry for years was when Simple Green came out and people bought into it being "earth friendly" just because of the name.

All I need to see on any product is the sds sheet.

One of my major pet peeves about AG's store is they don't make sds readily available. Anyone who is running a business and has employees has to have all bottles properly labeled and sds sheets readily available for every product in their shop. It's called the right to know law. I do this for fun so I don't need them by law. But if I ran a shop and had employees I'd be buying my stuff some where else because I don't want to have to chase down sds sheets. My company posts them for every product we sell. By law they don't have to post them for consumers but since they cross sell to pros they should be linked to each product. For example, 3d's website, everyone of their products has the sds sheet posted. I hope AG's listening, you need to post sds sheets online for your products.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

3. Thanks MattPersman, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes Heisenberg, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I can't see a reason to purchase it. I use Meguiar's APC and find it works very well. I don't know what they could do to make their product clean better.

A channel I watch on Youtube promotes Super Clean like crazy. So I tried it.

I thought it wasn't bad, but to get the same results as with Meg's Super Degreaser I could not use it at the same dilution ratio. For example, at 4:1, Super Clean could not cut tire grime as well as Meg's Super Degreaser. And at 10:1, it could not clean as well as Meg's APC. On the plus side it's available locally so not shipping cost, and it's not as bad on the nose and lungs. But I have been using Meg's products for 5 years and think they work very well. So I don't know if I would change to something unless it was really superior.

So the morale of this is, if you have someting you like that cost 1/4 of the cost, why are you so bothered by this product? Just don't buy it You know there are plenty of products on the market not worth the price they charge for them. My belief is that they are created to get people who think that "the more expensive it is, the better it is" to spend their money on. Just look at these waxes that sell for thousands of dollars per jar. You can't give me any argument that they are worth even a fraction of their price.

Post Thanks / Like

Well GUESS what I got in my mystery box....

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Same here. Did the mystery box leave you feeling a little cheated? I got the $100 box and have $120 worth of products. But I am assuming the box that hasn’t been delivied by USPS (first box was delivered by FedEx) has $80 worth of stuff. Although, I am not even sure that box is part of the deal. So, currently, I feel like the $100 joke’s on me.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is completely worthless.

Post Thanks / Like

Cookies? I like cookies. I like it when vedors send my company cookies for the holidays. Sweet.

But for real (well, that cookies thing is real, too); This gives you a chance to review this APC and report back to the rest of us. That would be a nice holiday gift to us who want to know.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tmc008 View Post
    Same here. Did the mystery box leave you feeling a little cheated? I got the $100 box and have $120 worth of products. But I am assuming the box that hasn’t been delivied by USPS (first box was delivered by FedEx) has $80 worth of stuff. Although, I am not even sure that box is part of the deal. So, currently, I feel like the $100 joke’s on me.
    Yes I called and they were supposed to send a detail bag and more towels. I also complained about the boat wax and they said they would replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Cookies? I like cookies. I like it when vedors send my company cookies for the holidays. Sweet.

But for real (well, that cookies thing is real, too); This gives you a chance to review this APC and report back to the rest of us. That would be a nice holiday gift to us who want to know.

Thank you
    Yep looking forward to it. What would you like to see cleaned with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep looking forward to it. What would you like to see cleaned with it?
    Anything, really. Anything grimey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    The varying prices on all the products in a very similar category on this website are part of the reason I am so hesitant about ever buying anything.

I mean I've seen several people shy away at the idea of using optimum power clean as their primary APC because it's 36 dollars a gallon while something like megs d101 is around 20, and here comes blackfire with one priced at 65, and it just leaves me to wonder what could really be in this to justify 3x the cost of megs, or 2x the cost of optimums.

I'm all about investing into products that work well, but like everything else in life at a certain point I just feel like I'm paying more for something just because they want me to.

But to be honest, there's people who pay absurd prices for exotic waxes, and I can't even begin to understand how that's even worth it, so I'm sure people will buy this.
    I did the math too with OPC, similar figures and it does work just a tad better than Megs APC+ - definitely better than Purple Power (my $9.99/gal test).

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax View Post
    The reason it's marked up so high is most likely because nobody is going to buy it until there's a 15% or 20% off sale on Autogeek. Who in here buys when there's no sale? I never do...as a matter of fact, I buy Optimums Carpet Cleaner and Protectant all the time, and that's like $60 a gallon...but I ONLY buy it when there's a 20% off sale. So I pay around $48 and dilute 3-1. So I get 4 gallons which would make it $12 per gallon. Not all that bad considering a gallon of Folex is like $15. Optimums carpet cleaner is the best one I've used, and for me, it's worth the cost.
    Agree here. Context-wise, premium products have 3-legs propping them up... 1) effective production and marketing, 2) premium pricing to distinguish from others, 3) customer support by way of continued purchases. This is what happens when private equity owns an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    So reading the ad copy it says you can use full strength on paint to remove bugs and tar. Also to clean engines and wheels. Then it says use 4-1 to clean paint and other things. So I dont get it, if its safe to use full strength on paint why do you have to dilute 4-1 to use on paint?
    To get the stuff out that is not bug guts and tar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmc008 View Post
    I considered pulling the trigger for several hours but I just had a bad feeling about it. I'm feel lucky for me and bad for those that were duped.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456