autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Top coating carpro essence? Carpro reload, 3d hd poxy, or some Meguiars carnauba wax

Has anyone ever top coated carpro essence before. I know they say you can use reload, which I have put seeing if there is a benefit of added water beading or show car glow in using a carnauba wax. Truck is fully paint corrected and the final pass was with carpro essence. Truck is used maybe one day a week otherwise stored inside.

Thanks for the guidance in my addiction of a always clean ride

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top coating carpro essence? Carpro reload, 3d hd poxy, or some Meguiars carnauba wax

I would use an Sio2 Quartz product. CarPro CQuartz or Reload would be perfect. Maintain with ECH20 Waterless Wash & Quick Detail Spray.

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-cquartz-products.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top coating carpro essence? Carpro reload, 3d hd poxy, or some Meguiars carnauba wax

You can top Essence with something other other than Sio2 type products successfully if you like also.

I have a Yukon XL that was finish polished with Essence about 18 months ago and then topped with Pinnacle Paint Sealant as the LSP. This vehicle lives in the garage and is used very sparingly (maybe 2-3k miles per year). It gets routine rinseless washes after use with usually some type of drying aid (detail spray or spray wax) and still looks as good as the initial detail.

Essence is a great product and seems to be quite versatile.

I might try Synergy wax on top of Essence next time this truck is polished. Lots of different ways you can go depending upon what you're after.

Certainly sticking with Reload and ECH2O as Bobby recommended would be a good route to go.

​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

I like topping Essence and CQuartz with Reload an hour after applying. It makes a slight difference.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

I topped with McKees Hydro Blue all summer long and got great results. I've now just topped it with McKees Paint Coating for the winter.

I would agree probably better to go with Sio2 Product as it seems like it's a better fit on chemical level

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'll top with reload after I wash it, and be buying some ech2.0