I received this product at no charge from Meghan, and in return, I agreed to provide a review on the forum. I will try to keep this as objective as I can.

I have used a variety of MF cleaners in the past, but eventually I find myself going back to a free and clear detergent. Here's what's tough for me: I find that MF cleaners do a slightly better job of cleaning and maintaining towels, but the towels that get really dirty are typically still very dirty and already downgraded or have been slated for retirement. The added cleaning ability just doesn't add enough value for me for the majority of my towels. There is a select bunch of towels that I do consider an investment and want to keep in the best possible condition, those are the towels that touch paint. I find that for these not so dirty towels a free and clear detergent does just as well at cleaning, but over time the towels do degrade sooner. So for the high quality towels a MF detergent does still have some value for me and using it for one of my loads doesn't break the bank either.

Since testing for towel degradation will take a long time and a number of washes, I've limited this review to the cleaning ability and any short term restoration qualities. That being the case, I feel like my extra dirty towels are the prime candidate. These towels are filthy and have been somewhat neglected, let see how well Blackfire can clean them and (hopefully) restore them a bit too.

Here's a couple of the worst ones before washing. Top used for exhaust and bottom for waterless wash wash on wheels.

And After

Pretty good cleaning considering the initial condition, I would not expect them to be perfect at this point, they've been used for carpets, wheels, engines and exhaust. These two were otherwise destined for the trash, but I can at least get another use out of them on wheels wells. Blackfire also did restore a bit of the fluffiness that they once had. I will continue my practice of only using MF detergent for premium towels and will be monitoring how well blackfire does in the coming months.