autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shelf Life of Menzerna Compunds and Polishes

As another data point, I've got bottles of the Klasse twins which are over ten years old that are just fine. I've also got bottles of the Meguiars UC/UP which are over five years old and some Blackfire SRC duo bottles which are pushing four years old. Despite not being kept in a temperature controlled garage, they all work great.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anderson3754 View Post
    Great that's good to know, my stuff is keep in the basement basically 70*-75* and brought up to the garage when needed.

Regards
    How cold does it get in your basement during the winter months?

Post Thanks / Like

I keep my Menzerna abrasives in zip lock bags, stored in Sterilite gasket boxes in my basement. I don't actually feel It's necessary though.

I've purchased used Menzerna products that have held up beautifully over the years, and perform flawlessly.

I think part of the reason I like Menzerna so much is that the the level of quality that goes into all aspects of their product. The abrasive, the lubricants, the user experience, the bottle. The only thing I don't like is the new label - which has nothing to do with the stuff inside the bottle.

As far as products separating to the point of not being usable, were Chemical Guys FP Final Polish.

I also have a bottle of Meguiar's M21 which performs flawlessly, but smells like someone broke wind. I think I'm going to pass it along to a friend. Pun intended.

5. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    A few months ago I discovered an old bottle of Menzerna PO106FF. I bought that probably 10 years ago! It was about half full. I shook it up for a long time just to make sure it was as fully mixed as I could get it again and then felt a bit in my fingers. It seemed fine so I tried it on the wife's white Nissan Altima. Worked perfectly fine.

The real test was working it like I always use to...fine cut pad and breaking it down to flash state and wiping off. It performed like I remembered. I've since gone through a few newer bottles of both 3500 and 3800 but will have no problem using this old 106 up in lieu of my current 3500.

I should say it was kept in the house in FL at about a constant 72-74 degrees.

Almost as good as finding a $20 bill in the pocket of some old jeans!
    Similar experience here w/the PO106FF. A year ago I purchased a bundle on Craigslist from a guy who was unloading detailing supplies he had been keeping in his basement since 2008-ish. This included several bottles of opened and unopened Menzerna polishes and other products (FMJ, Acrylic Shield, etc.). The ones I haven't traded away perform perfectly. In fact, I actually prefer working with the old Menzerna PO106FF that I kept more than with the latest version of PO85RD (i.e. 3800).

OP- IMO you'll be fine as long as you keep the products in the house somewhere, and not in the garage.

7. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya know, this is turning into a very nice thread. Thanks to all that are responding.

It appears that with prudent care the Menzerna products have a fairly long shelf life. Now if Menzena can be convinced to package their products in a 16oz bottle. I can't help but think they would actually sell more to people like myself, who are simply weekend warriors with car buffing and detailing.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

I still have a bunch of PO 85RD and it’s still as awesome as day one! Keep it cool and shake occasionally and it’ll last a long long time!
    Jim

10. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya know, this is turning into a very nice thread. Thanks to all that are responding.

It appears that with prudent care the Menzerna products have a fairly long shelf life. Now if Menzena can be convinced to package their products in a 16oz bottle. I can't help but think they would actually sell more to people like myself, who are simply weekend warriors with car buffing and detailing.

Regards
    Rupes 16 oz bottles are gone now too. They were nice for the amount of volume I do.

If Menzerna does the 16oz bottles, I advocate that they return the entire line to the former labeling scheme.

Post Thanks / Like

Regards
    I'm actually quite happy they are offering 8 oz bottle. I've got 16oz bottles that are 4~6 years old and I'm still not done! 8oz bottles allow me to actually use up product and have the option to try something new.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12