autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question I washed my car and found this, repaint needed?

I recently got a new vehicle and I didn't wash my car for 2 months. After I washed it, I found some places where it looks like something ate through my clear coat and is eating my paint. I have a feeling it was from bird poop or some tree sap.

Most of the damage is on the hood and on top of the car. Does anyone know how to fix this? Will this require a respray of paint or clear coat?

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/yNYCm

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I washed my car and found this, repaint needed?

Yes unfortunately looks like you are going to have to repaint, sooner than later. Some of them look like it’s to the primer/sealer, which won’t rust if no metal is showing. But definitely take care of it before it does rust as primer is softer than clear coat and will wear easily

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The first one looks like you are gonna need a paint job, the rest i'm not sure, try to do a polish/compound there is no other way.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you done something to get it of? If it was me I would test on the smallest spot to take a microfibercloth and soak it in a bit larger size than the spot with apc. Hold the soaked area of the cloth to the spot for 3-5 minutes and then inspect if it desolved anything. If it does that gently wipe it of do not rubb it. Is nothing happens to it take a new microfibercloth and this time take a tar remover and do the same thing. Remember after each treatment to rinse with water. If any of this works and all of it don't desolves repeat it a few times with the product that works. And if it still is something left try to clay a small part of the spot. From the pictures it seems to be on the surface of the clearcoat. How do you see it? Is it the clearcoat that has desolved or looks it to be a stain on the clearcoat? If you are uncertain to do it your self. Look up a local detailer or maybe someone on this forum may live close to you and can help you look at it.