autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Loss of clarity with coating?

I don't know if anyone has asked this yet. What did you wash it with?? If the problem started after the wash, if it was a wash and wax product or a wash with gloss agents I would say it would be whatever the wash left behind causing the problem. When you waxed the trunk it cleaned it up.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I don't know if anyone has asked this yet. What did you wash it with?? If the problem started after the wash, if it was a wash and wax product or a wash with gloss agents I would say it would be whatever the wash left behind causing the problem. When you waxed the trunk it cleaned it up.
    No I didn't wash it for a week after putting the coating on. I noticed the issue the 2nd day after coating. I said the first earlier but it was actually the 2nd Only reason I didn't notice it the first day is because it was cloudy and rainy and it was parked inside all day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    That maybe, but your paint is in pristine condition..all your trying to do is remove the coating.
    Its actually not that great up close. Lots of orange peel and rock chips. Drives me crazy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    No I didn't wash it for a week after putting the coating on. I noticed the issue the 2nd day. Only reason I didn't notice it the first day is because it was cloudy and rainy and it was parked inside all day
    Sorry, I read that wrong. The only time I've noticed anything like this was after polishing with Menzerna, but it was before the wipe down and you didn't have to be too far away to see it.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult to tell how much clarity was lost for certain from the pictures in slightly different light, but I will take your word for it; especially if a coworker noticed.

So several panels got the same treatment with PLB polish and coating, but had different results. Trunk panel did not get PBl polish and coating, but had the same result.

All the paint was treated the same prior to the PBL (polish, wipedown). I'm assuming all paint looked the same after prior treatment.

Issue has not presented itself before with a variety of LSPs.

These panels haven't been resprayed, have they?

I have had a case where the PBL polish was a bit difficult to remove from PPF, maybe there was some stubborn residue. But that's wouldn't fit with the trunk panel.

I also had one where 2 panels streaked badly and was only visible at dusk.

I thought you mentioned you didn't have a agarhe to work in (maybe mistaking this for a different thread) was this side done in the sun or were the panels hotter/colder when applying?
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    It's difficult to tell how much clarity was lost for certain from the pictures in slightly different light, but I will take your word for it; especially if a coworker noticed.

So several panels got the same treatment with PLB polish and coating, but had different results. Trunk panel did not get PBl polish and coating, but had the same result.

All the paint was treated the same prior to the PBL (polish, wipedown). I'm assuming all paint looked the same after prior treatment.

Issue has not presented itself before with a variety of LSPs.

These panels haven't been resprayed, have they?

I have had a case where the PBL polish was a bit difficult to remove from PPF, maybe there was some stubborn residue. But that's wouldn't fit with the trunk panel.

I also had one where 2 panels streaked badly and was only visible at dusk.

I thought you mentioned you didn't have a agarhe to work in (maybe mistaking this for a different thread) was this side done in the sun or were the panels hotter/colder when applying?
    No im working in a garage. I think I just confused things by mentioning the trunk. I coated everything but the trunk door and the roof. I'm seeing the issue on all the panels I coated except maybe the hood. I just polished some of it off with 3500 and a finishing pad and it looks so much better.

I've had big problems with that surface cleansing polish for whatever reason. I think 100% the surface polish seperated and dusted and the dust getting into the pads cussed major swirling. Especially the first time. It wasn't as bad with the new bottle but it still happened. I only gave it 2 passes 3 at the most.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't do the tape line I didn't feel like messing around with putting tape on the paint. I did take a picture after washing and right before polishing so this is squeaky clean

I'll take another pic when I'm done it was inside so it should come out the same

Post Thanks / Like

That picture is much better than the previous ones. It definitely looks like there is some hazing in the reflection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rmd View Post
    That picture is much better than the previous ones. It definitely looks like there is some hazing in the reflection.
    I thought the other ones showed it overall. Maybe I notice it more because it's my car IDK. It's all buffed off now though

Post Thanks / Like

I think that my bottle has been probably sitting around the warehouse to long. I think that might have something to do with it to. I definitely prepped it right and I used butter soft suede to apply it. Used a lot of new 4" applicator towels and buffed with brand new carpro suede towels. I think I should get my money back or a store credit.

That surface cleansing polish by dusting/separating whatever. Not only caused swirls but the dust also interfered with the application since it got in all the nooks and crannies. I was crunched for time so I did the whole process and one day I didn't have time to repolish it and thoroughly clean every little crack

Plus it's the second bottle I bought that did the same thing to me it was even worse the first time

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast