autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Loss of clarity with coating?

Carnubaflocken creme black topped with fusion. I put a coat of the carnubaflocken creme famous over the coating it actually looks way better. A lot more glossy

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of cleansing polish did you use that caused micro marrings? And do you think that was what did the rubbery dull look?

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I haven't seen is the preparation steps prior to the coating being applied? What was your process and what products did you use? It doesn't make sense that some panels would look better than others, but it might add a little more data to the conversation.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I find the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating V2 to be very slick and glossy for a ceramic coating. I never experienced a rubbery feel or look with this coating before. Some ceramic coatings are very rubbery feeling and require another product to give it some slickness.

What machine polisher and pads did you use with the Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish? Did you have a good source of lighting?

Post Thanks / Like

I had excellent light. Used a flex 3401 with a red force flex pad with the prep polish. The coating feels slick I think the "rubbery" look is just that i can see the coating on there. I can see its diffrent then just the paint. The prep polish stinks its the 2nd time this happened. The first time i thought it was becuase the polish was in the garage over the summer and seperated. Gave it another shot with a new bottle, same thing but not as bad. We are talking micromarring that you have to have great light just to even see it.

I used eraser before the prep polish I wish I would of stopped at that. The coating itself actually went on great considering it was my first time

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to find 2 pictures even for myself so I can see them side by side. I take a lot of pics but it's hard to get 2 with the same lighting outside. Plus I already topped it with the famous.

I'm also thinking this dodo juice supernatural hybrid nano would make a good topper.

Here's my thought process on topping. I figure I can top my coating with a hybrid wax. That should bond to the coating. Then I can top the hybrid wax with a regular carnuba. That should bond to the hybrid. Then I'm back to a regular wax on top that I can take care of with my many regular wax products. Meaning shampoo, detailers, spray waxes, waterless/rinseless wash ect ect,,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I'm trying to find 2 pictures even for myself so I can see them side by side. I take a lot of pics but it's hard to get 2 with the same lighting outside. Plus I already topped it with the famous.

I'm also thinking this dodo juice supernatural hybrid nano would make a good topper.

Here's my thought process on topping. I figure I can top my coating with a hybrid wax. That should bond to the coating. Then I can top the hybrid wax with a regular carnuba. That should bond to the hybrid. Then I'm back to a regular wax on top that I can take care of with my many regular wax products. Meaning shampoo, detailers, spray waxes, waterless/rinseless wash ect ect,,,
    But then what's the point of the coating? If you're not going to "use" its benefits as the LSP then why bother coating first to lay wax over it?
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    But then what's the point of the coating? If you're not going to "use" its benefits as the LSP then why bother coating first to lay wax over it?
    Because it gives it a nice glassy look. At least that's what I was hoping but the jury is still out on that....

Plus it should be better protection but I didn't do it for that.

Post Thanks / Like

That just sounds like too many cooks in the kitchen but interested to see how it turns out.

When I first started messing about with coatings i wss topping them with all sorts of waxes and QD's...Wolfgang Fuzion, Dodo Purple Haze, Pinnacle Souveran, WG Detail Spritz, WG Deep Gloss Sealant and Spritz, Kenotek Showroom Shine and a few more. Eventually I just ended up with s surface that acted like a wax...not very self cleaning and attracted dust.

After I gave up on that I went into SiO2 overload; wash coated car with Gyeon Bathe+, follow that with Gyeon WetCoat, finish with Gyeon Cure or similar. Eventually I did start to lose clarity and have since become kinda a minimalist.

Car is now coated, added a carnuaba/glass coating hybrid wax from the same 'collection' every 3 months or so, topped occasionally with a booster from the same collection.

Post Thanks / Like

gif hosting

I can see it clearly in this picture

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast