autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can't remove micromarring

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    The Blue pad is made by Buff and Shine.

I'm an admitted huge fan of Meguiar's products, but sometimes it takes a bit of a technique change to finish out to perfection. I mean very, very rarely. In this instance, I use Menzerna - SHC400 Super Heavy Cut Compound, MC2500 Medium Cut Compound, SF3500 High Performance Polish.

These products really like foam pads, but the 400 also works well with microfiber. Obviously, the 400 is designed to remove very heavy defects. You probably aren't going need anything that heavy. The MC2500 is a medium cut polish. It does an amazing job of removing a lot of defects, and finishing out "wax ready". Probably the most versatile product in my arsenal (next to the Rupes UHS), because it works on a wide variety of paints, and covers a lot of ground from correction to finish. SF3500 is a fine cut finishing polish, and is what I use on the higher end vehicles I do (unless I'm using the Rupes system).

If it were me, I'd keep it simple, and get the Menzerna 400, 2500, and 3500 with Buff and Shine blue Euro Cell cutting pads, and orange Euro Cell polishing pads. You can also pick up the red for applying sealant or wax.
    How many pads would i buy? consider i detail cars maybe 1 or 2 mid size sedan weekly, also i have seen sf 3800, which one is better for this micromorring thing i'm having trouble.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i did what you told me and this is the best i could get, however if you zoom it, you can see still some pig tails.

this is a zoom

What do you suggest, i really really wanna make it flawless before i apply the ceramic coat.

Thanks for all your help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    You don't have to have 5.5" pads. 6" pads are fine. 5" pads take longer to do the car and don't give you much better results

Ultimate polish has fillers in it that hide defects
    Although I don't use my GG6 much for correction, I did find using a 5" pad resulted in better polishing overall.

Time and time again AG members will recommend using a 5-5.5" pad over a 6" pad.

4. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have soft paint. From my experience, Meguiars has some really good budget friendly compounds and polishes up to a certain stage. If you're looking for perfection, you may need to try another brand/chemicals. Not to say Meguiars can't achieve your perfection. But, like many say, perfection depends on the eye of the beholder. Looks like what you've done will look better than 80-90% daily drivers out there. At least from the pictures. I would suggest giving Menzerna SF3800 w/ a Meg black foam finishing disc a try. Sonax perfect finish, polishes a bit better than M205 from my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfPaintStains View Post
    Sounds like you have soft paint. From my experience, Meguiars has some really good budget friendly compounds and polishes up to a certain stage. If you're looking for perfection, you may need to try another brand/chemicals. Not to say Meguiars can't achieve your perfection. But, like many say, perfection depends on the eye of the beholder. Looks like what you've done will look better than 80-90% daily drivers out there. At least from the pictures. I would suggest giving Menzerna SF3800 w/ a Meg black foam finishing disc a try. Sonax perfect finish, polishes a bit better than M205 from my experience.
    Using a non-diminishing abrasive can be tough on soft paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you done something else but wipe of the polish with a microfibercloth? Looks like residue from the polish the white marks on there.
    Are you working in the sun?
    How many pads are you using on the car and how do you clean them afterwards?

Post Thanks / Like

The only recommended backing plate for the GG6 is the Griots vented plate. Any other plate will cause your pads to fail quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    The only recommended backing plate for the GG6 is the Griots vented plate. Any other plate will cause your pads to fail quickly.
    Not true!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfPaintStains View Post
    well what do you think, will cquartz finest fill those defects? if that's the case im happy with it, at this point i'm so frustated that i can barely sleep at night, this is not my job is my hobbie, can you figure that out? this was supposed to relax me but is all the oposite, anyway thank i just ordered some sf5800 and 3500

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThepanchMX View Post
    well what do you think, will cquartz finest fill those defects? if that's the case im happy with it, at this point i'm so frustated that i can barely sleep at night, this is not my job is my hobbie, can you figure that out? this was supposed to relax me but is all the oposite, anyway thank i just ordered some sf5800 and 3500
    CQuartz Finest doesn't fill very much, but CarPro's Essence (fine polish) does have some durable resins that will fill some micro scratches. You might want to skip SF3800 and try Essence instead.

Take a deep breath, you will find the right combination.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast